What would be the easiest way to get a Surge repaired?

SetBuilder

A friend of mine bought his first Milwaukee product after using my Surge and the bit falls out sometimes. When you look at the quick chuck you can see a piece of spring sticking out of the back.  He purchased it on eBay with a charger and 2 2.0 batteries.  Should he take it to a local Milwaukee repair center or send it back to Milwaukee?

Thanks

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

A friend of mine bought his first Milwaukee product after using my Surge and the bit falls out sometimes. When you look at the quick chuck you can see a piece of spring sticking out of the back.  He purchased it on eBay with a charger and 2 2.0 batteries.  Should he take it to a local Milwaukee repair center or send it back to Milwaukee?

Thanks

Well I'm pretty sure they will decline both unless you have original receipt of it being bought at an authorized tool dealer. my best bet is take it back through Ebay.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee_man_stan said:

Well I'm pretty sure they will decline both unless you have original receipt of it being bought at an authorized tool dealer. my best bet is take it back through Ebay.

Well at least for free service.

You don't need a receipt for Milwaukee, it goes off of the serial number production date which would be with in 5 years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well I'm not saying it won't work, just saying don't be surprised if they ask for a receipt. [emoji4]

They'll ask but if you don't provide one your 5 years starts off the serial number and as long as it's within the 5 year period and it's something they cover your good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

You don't need a receipt for Milwaukee, it goes off of the serial number production date which would be with in 5 years

Yes, but they want to know if it was bought from an authorized tool dealer.

I know this, because it happened to me with their Fuel miter saw it had a bad handle it was brand new so I thought I didn't need a receipt because it was under the five years...

anyways they told me I needed a receipt so they cold tell if I bought it by an authorized tool dealer! :o thankfully I  got it pulled up my pro extra account and was able  to find the receipt they emailed me whewww!

Also got a new computer and found out!

It's not fun typing on a small keyboard. :(

Never been asked for receipt when using eservice through their website. But that is for smaller items that are easy to ship, I can see taking the miter saw somewhere to avoid the hassles of shipping.

For the Surge I would highly recommend going to their website and filling out the form. They pay shipping both ways, they don't care where u bought it from you don't need a receipt, you get it back in 7-10 days. No dealing with incompetent service centers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Never been asked for receipt when using eservice through their website. But that is for smaller items that are easy to ship, I can see taking the miter saw somewhere to avoid the hassles of shipping.

For the Surge I would highly recommend going to their website and filling out the form. They pay shipping both ways, they don't care where u bought it from you don't need a receipt, you get it back in 7-10 days. No dealing with incompetent service centers.

Lol I guess you could do this to. :)

I've had tools inside of 2 years I've needed service for and both Lowes and HD have just simply swapped them out for new, to be fair though the only Milwaukee tool I needed replaced through HD was a hand tool, but Lowes has just over the counter exchanged for brand new power tools.

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2017 at 3:05 PM, SetBuilder said:

My friend gave it to a Milwaukee rep at HD. The rep shipped it back to Milwaukee for him and Milwaukee shipped him a brand new Surge. 

I'd say that's a happy ending. I'm not sure why they replaced it instead of repairing it though. 

maybe to replace the hydraulic housing is more hassle than its worth?