Jump to content

Carbide utility blades


Jronman

Recommended Posts

I have a cutting table that lights up and has a cutting surface of glass, if any blade is any good it will last I found stainless steel blades last longer than regular so maybe this might be better......

I can use a Milwaukee blade around the shop for a few days and all is good 10 minutes on the cutting table and it is as sharp as a basketball......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Anyone use these Stanley carbide utility blades. Are they worth it? 16 bux for a 50 pack off of Amazon. http://www.stanleytools.com/en-us/products/hand-tools/knives-blades/replacement-blades/50-pk-fatmax-carbide-utility-blades/11-800l

Very nice might get them next time I need blades 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, comp56 said:

I have a cutting table that lights up and has a cutting surface of glass, if any blade is any good it will last I found stainless steel blades last longer than regular so maybe this might be better......

I can use a Milwaukee blade around the shop for a few days and all is good 10 minutes on the cutting table and it is as sharp as a basketball......

I just use my knife for general home building, opening boxes, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone use these Stanley carbide utility blades. Are they worth it? 16 bux for a 50 pack off of Amazon. http://www.stanleytools.com/en-us/products/hand-tools/knives-blades/replacement-blades/50-pk-fatmax-carbide-utility-blades/11-800l

Yes I've been using these since I bought a 50 pack to replace my fat max blades and they last longer and keep there edge better then any other Stanley blade I've used in the past well recommend them very sharp !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Craigh9916 said:


Yes I've been using these since I bought a 50 pack to replace my fat max blades and they last longer and keep there edge better then any other Stanley blade I've used in the past well recommend them very sharp !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, may have to look into that, it always sounded like a marketing trick haha

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2017 at 0:26 PM, comp56 said:

I have a cutting table that lights up and has a cutting surface of glass, if any blade is any good it will last I found stainless steel blades last longer than regular so maybe this might be better......

I can use a Milwaukee blade around the shop for a few days and all is good 10 minutes on the cutting table and it is as sharp as a basketball......

But...but a basketball isn't sharp at all.... Oohhh! So basically the glass destroys the knife edge.... glass trumps knife, knife trumps paper, paper trumps rock, rock trumps scissors etc etc LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

But...but a basketball isn't sharp at all.... Oohhh! So basically the glass destroys the knife edge.... glass trumps knife, knife trumps paper, paper trumps rock, rock trumps scissors etc etc LOL

well glass is heated sand from a rock, it is even make in a nature in an obsidian state 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2017 at 0:22 PM, Jronman said:

Anyone use these Stanley carbide utility blades. Are they worth it? 16 bux for a 50 pack off of Amazon. http://www.stanleytools.com/en-us/products/hand-tools/knives-blades/replacement-blades/50-pk-fatmax-carbide-utility-blades/11-800l

I use them daily and I used some last year for work and I've only gone through maybe 2 or 3 and I use it daily cutting cardboard, zipties, banding, drywall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    17,112
    Total Members
    6,555
    Most Online
    Filip
    Newest Member
    Filip
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...