right angle drill

brian522

Everything in my shop was 18 volt. Mostly M18 Fuel.

My heated jackets are Milwaukee and I had three 12 volt batteries for them.

Because my right angle drill needs are basically "when everything else doesn't fit" I chose the Milwaukee 12 volt right angle in a tool only package as I had batteries and chargers.

Could not be happier with it and its often the drill I use for per-drilling pilot holes and countersinks in wood.

1 minute ago, brian522 said:

thank you both   im a new home owner and just have a few basic things i need one for

If you just have a need for one but not something you'll need all the time you can go with a right angle adapter:

s-l1000.jpg

318uWkoWMKL._SY300_.jpg

This is the one I want, the other Dewalt:

Dewalt-DWARAFS-Flex-Shaft-Right-Angle-Im

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brian522 said:

now those look perfect for me   thank you   im new at all this

My pleasure, I have the 30 degree Milwaukee impact(discontinued) and the adapters work just fine. $20-40 is easier to spend than $150...especially on a tool that is sort of specialized like a right angled drill. 

This way you're also open to plenty of other brands, B&D, Ryobi have great lines for homeowners because they offer outdoor power equipment for reasonable prices. I have a B&D string trimmer than I've used for like 5 years, think it was $90 for the tool,  two batteries and a charger.

2 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Everything in my shop was 18 volt. Mostly M18 Fuel.

My heated jackets are Milwaukee and I had three 12 volt batteries for them.

Because my right angle drill needs are basically "when everything else doesn't fit" I chose the Milwaukee 12 volt right angle in a tool only package as I had batteries and chargers.

Could not be happier with it and its often the drill I use for per-drilling pilot holes and countersinks in wood.

I to have the m12, nice little drill, not crazy powered but nice and compact

• Like 1

If you are just looking to get into a line of tools, then just of your information, Milwaukee has the largest line of 12 volt drills.  Also, their 12 volt drills are true 12 volts and not 10.8 that the DeWalt and Bosch lines have.  I love my Miwaukee 12 volt hammer drill.  I use it a ton.  The M18 line has a lot of tools to choose from as well.  Makita has the largest 18 volt line of tools.  I do love the fact that the Milwaukee charges charge both 12 and 18 volts.  Dewalt chargers usually charge both as well, but they have virtually no tools in their 12 volt line.  

My nod would be for the Milwaukee drill if you are just looking to invest into a line of tools.  If not, I would just buy one in the line of tools you already own....or buy the adaptor.

11 hours ago, brian522 said:

i want to get a right angle drill   im torn between the 20v dewalt and the 18v milwaukee    HELP

would this fit your needs? 

http://www.dewalt.com/products/accessories/fastening-and-screwdriving-bits/sleeves-holders-and-drive-guides/impact-ready-right-angle-attachment/dwara100 

I'm not a big fan of dedicated small right angle drills because the power is low and the chucks are not very good.

1 minute ago, JimboS1ice said:

If you do a lot of work with pocket holes, I would suggest a dedicated right angle drill, it makes life much much easier

jimbo is absolutely correct.  This is the time that I use my right angle drill the most.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tugnut1 said:

If you are just looking to get into a line of tools, then just of your information, Milwaukee has the largest line of 12 volt drills.  Also, their 12 volt drills are true 12 volts and not 10.8 that the DeWalt and Bosch lines have.  I love my Miwaukee 12 volt hammer drill.  I use it a ton.  The M18 line has a lot of tools to choose from as well.  Makita has the largest 18 volt line of tools.  I do love the fact that the Milwaukee charges charge both 12 and 18 volts.  Dewalt chargers usually charge both as well, but they have virtually no tools in their 12 volt line.  

My nod would be for the Milwaukee drill if you are just looking to invest into a line of tools.  If not, I would just buy one in the line of tools you already own....or buy the adaptor.

4 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I to have the m12, nice little drill, not crazy powered but nice and compact

thank you for your help

• Like 1