Great Valentines gift :)

rrmccabe

I really should rethink my clamp storage. 

Of course those 48" long Bessey K Clamps wont fit with the rest of the other clamps. I just started clamping them on the shelf as I had no other place to put them. I would rather hang them because to screw them down to hold them in place is a pain.

So I went out at lunch and cut a rack to hold the new clamps on another wall. I added a couple extra slots so if I ever  can swing a couple more I will move the Festool MFT track over with the other tracks and get rid of those pro tracks I have not used in 15 years.

I am about out of wall space and dont want to give up floor space for a clamp cart.

rack (3).jpg

rack (1).jpg

rack (2).jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Carver67 said:

Wow. Very impressive.  Would love to see the rest of your shop.  Are there pictures else where in the forums?

There is, but the forum is not displaying pictures inserted inline. Lets see if I can add them again here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

I really should rethink my clamp storage. 

Of course those 48" long Bessey K Clamps wont fit with the rest of the other clamps. I just started clamping them on the shelf as I had no other place to put them. I would rather hang them because to screw them down to hold them in place is a pain.

So I went out at lunch and cut a rack to hold the new clamps on another wall. I added a couple extra slots so if I ever  can swing a couple more I will move the Festool MFT track over with the other tracks and get rid of those pro tracks I have not used in 15 years.

I am about out of wall space and dont want to give up floor space for a clamp cart.

rack (3).jpg

rack (1).jpg

rack (2).jpg

That is soo nice, I might have to do something like that for my clamps.

After getting the other clamp rack built I became even more disgusted with my main clamp rack area.  So I ran to Home Depot and got some Birch 3/4 plywood and tomorrow will go to Menards and get some maple for trim.

Did a sketch-up drawing and have it dimensioned to build. My clamps will have to stand up instead of hang down as I dont have room any other way.

shop7-0.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/14/2017 at 9:34 PM, rrmccabe said:

There is, but the forum is not displaying pictures inserted inline. Lets see if I can add them again here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

That shop is awesome and I love the tracks hanging. In ,y last shop I did not have the ceiling height and had to hang them horizontally which screwed up my 110" track. This is going to help me out a lot! 

Thanks Everyone.

3 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

That shop is awesome and I love the tracks hanging. In ,y last shop I did not have the ceiling height and had to hang them horizontally which screwed up my 110" track. This is going to help me out a lot! 

Chris, Yea they hang nicely. I just barely have enough room to hang the long one as its about 3" off floor.  I have two pro-tracks there I have not used in 25 years. I think I am going to move the 4*" one to the steel area and get rid of the 96". Then I would have more room from something like a LR32 :)

I already have two "custom" shorty tracks. I cut into the MFT rail with a router so cut that section out and ended up with a 1' and 2' track. You would be surprised how often I use them.

4 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

Thanks Everyone.

Chris, Yea they hang nicely. I just barely have enough room to hang the long one as its about 3" off floor.  I have two pro-tracks there I have not used in 25 years. I think I am going to move the 4*" one to the steel area and get rid of the 96". Then I would have more room from something like a LR32 :)

I already have two "custom" shorty tracks. I cut into the MFT rail with a router so cut that section out and ended up with a 1' and 2' track. You would be surprised how often I use them.

Oh dude....GET THE LR32! Awesome stuff, I love mine. I actually bought the one just below the set and save a ton of cash and just modified a systainer as it didn't come with one :)

Couple things I noticed when going through your pictures Rich.  Love the divider between the wash sink and the table saw.  Great idea to keep moisture off of your cast iron top.  The mobile work bench is the best one that I have ever seen, but of course you have heard me say that before.  

When did you get that incredible Grizzly bandsaw?  I don't remember seeing that before.