Bluetooth goodies... Coming soon

Cr8ondt

Well for those of us that see and know things we can't talk about.... we can talk about em now ?

The new Bluetooth stuff is coming soon.

Stuart dropped the news on his site:

http://toolguyd.com/dewalt-bluetooth-power-tools-and-modules-2017-expansion/

The details are vague at best but 3 new drills and an impact, add-ons for existing tools and tool tracking tags.

• Like 2

Bluetooth integration on Dewalt tools!!! I love that!!!

Bluetooth TAG I also love that!!

Bluetooth adaptor?? not 100% sure on that?? what could that be for?? what would existing tools use that for?? 

One things for sure, I will have to find buyers for me drill and impact driver so I can upgrade when the Bluetooth ones come out!!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DooDar said:

Bluetooth adaptor?? not 100% sure on that?? what could that be for?? what would existing tools use that for?? 

One things for sure, I will have to find buyers for me drill and impact driver so I can upgrade when the Bluetooth ones come out!!

Reading Toolguyd's article it looks like it might be able to communicate to your non-connected tools to give them some connected capabilities. If I am reading it right, that is huge.

• Like 2

Will be nice to see a comparison between one key tools and tool connect tools.

appears as though a Bluetooth 6.0 is in the works. I wonder if the heavy duty drill has more power than the hammerdrill? It looks massive and the metal housing behind the chuck looks like it could withstand an explosion.

54 minutes ago, jkeating3 said:

Reading Toolguyd's article it looks like it might be able to communicate to your non-connected tools to give them some connected capabilities. If I am reading it right, that is huge.

for the average person the Bluetooth batteries aren't very useful in my opinion. I'm not sure how the adapter could affect the tool but I could see it providing extra functionality to the batteries. I hope the battery functionality is expanded upon. I never really saw a need for a Bluetooth battery.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jronman said:

for the average person the Bluetooth batteries aren't very useful in my opinion. I'm not sure how the adapter could affect the tool but I could see it providing extra functionality to the batteries. I hope the battery functionality is expanded upon. I never really saw a need for a Bluetooth battery.

You could say the same bout the tools. We already see it with OneKey users. Not every one needs to adjust that much, just like not every one needs to track or lockout their batteries. A (hopefully) relatively inexpensive adapter that gives even partial functionality is something I would spend money on for sure. Even though I would only need it in the rarest circumstance.

This adapter also shows they learned from the 18/20 conversion mistake. You don't have to rebuy all of your 20v max tools to get the connect stuff. /speculation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

Will be nice to see a comparison between one key tools and tool connect tools.

appears as though a Bluetooth 6.0 is in the works. I wonder if the heavy duty drill has more power than the hammerdrill? It looks massive and the metal housing behind the chuck looks like it could withstand an explosion.

DCF887, DCD791, DCD796 and DCD996 are getting the Bluetooth treatment apparently.

personally not interested but progress is progress. As long as this doesn't take away from new FlexVolt I don't care lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bremon said:

DCF887, DCD791, DCD796 and DCD996 are getting the Bluetooth treatment apparently.

personally not interested but progress is progress. As long as this doesn't take away from new FlexVolt I don't care lol

If you look closely at the picture the one on the far right is not a hammer drill. More like the Drill only variant of the 996?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jkeating3 said:

You could say the same bout the tools. We already see it with OneKey users. Not every one needs to adjust that much, just like not every one needs to track or lockout their batteries. A (hopefully) relatively inexpensive adapter that gives even partial functionality is something I would spend money on for sure. Even though I would only need it in the rarest circumstance.

This adapter also shows they learned from the 18/20 conversion mistake. You don't have to rebuy all of your 20v max tools to get the connect stuff. /speculation

what is the 18/20 mistake?

I'm not so sure these are mearlly BT versions of the existing line, note the bases all appear to have push button controls, a very prominent XR on the bodies and to me the impact head looks slightly... Different, bigger?, can't quite put my finger on it.  Also that's a BT 6ah battery that the premium drill is perched on.

Screenshot_20170215-160848.png

We'll see. Cool new housings don't mean much. The compacts already have enough power to hurt you thanks to no side handle. The DCF887 is pretty new. A 992/997 could be believable if they are trying to leapfrog Makita, Milwaukee, Metabo, etc. I'd definitely be interested in that. 

31 minutes ago, Bremon said:

We'll see. Cool new housings don't mean much. The compacts already have enough power to hurt you thanks to no side handle. The DCF887 is pretty new. A 992/997 could be believable if they are trying to leapfrog Makita, Milwaukee, Metabo, etc. I'd definitely be interested in that. 

gen 3 stuff? Would be nice to see a redesigned battery gauge with 4 bars instead of 3 and maybe 4 speed options/presets instead of 3

49 minutes ago, Bremon said:

The new 6.0 and 9.0 have the 3-bar so I doubt we will see 4-bar anytime soon. The 887, 791, 796, 991 and 996 are all so new it's tough for me to believe the new tool connect units will roid out compared to those. Fingers crossed though lol. 

roid? typo or is it something I should know?

• Like 1

Unless these drills/impacts/hammer drills are so incredibly superior to the existing line ..I won't buy in...I love the 887 and 791 ( the 791 is damn amazing,so smooth and powerful,,I have 5) I think they are the best on the market...and the bigger 996 is good for hammering.....unless they make a "Makita like ,,sub compact" but more powerful then the 887 and 791 ...I'm all set...I really would never use " tool connect or red link " I do not want to spend time configuring a tool....

.          ..I don't get it,,forget this stuff,just give me NEW TOOLS....DIFFERENT TOOLS...not a remake of existing ...I want so many new tools they don't make yet...make a damn full line of tools already ..and add to the Flexvolt line,...a 60v adapter,,,a compact light 10" mitre saw ,,a 10" table saw..more powerful batteries but Lighter.....More POWA......even rigid has a cordless belt sander,router,orbital sander,fan,even a cordless 1 gal compressor ....Cmon Dewalt

• Like 1