When Does Will it Stop

comp56

so I'm motoring through a tool store yesterday and I actually had to walk around this huge light that was sitting on the floor, now granted I like a bright light but if you ever see this thing in person it is massive. I'm saying if it gets any bigger with these lights your gonna need a second truck to take it anywhere....

dl1.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bremon said:

That thing seemed absolutely ridiculous from the moment it was revealed. The M18 radius pumpkin is far superior. No one who uses wobble lights likes wobble lights; don't try to make an improved wobble light. 

Bingo!!!! I should be interested to see where this light would be a great fit over something smaller and just as bright. No doubt it would be great for its intended purpose but you need all that space for storage and transportation. One of the big reasons we got the Radius lights is because it's very bright yet compact, plus it fits in a crawlspace, something that is critical in our work.

If I need something up higher in the air, I would prefer something on a tripod like the rocket lights.... Or just mount a light up off the floor entirely, that creates the best lighting anyways

• Like 1

Hahaha especially egregious when you factor in the M18 pumpkin can hang from a joist etc., as usual with Milwaukee there are multiple ways to mount the light. Typical Dewalt approach is "biggest baddest, screw the convenience features". In this case that means most lumens and way to use it beyond plopping it in the middle of a room lol. 

I see it's purpose..I don't like it...Dewalt has serious lighting issues, that R and D guy needs to be fired ,,,I'll give lighting props to Milwaukee,,rigid is not bad...I still use the Ryobi flood light...I have limited batteries in all other lines but Dewalt...so I have hope ,,slim hope ....I agree with you guys ...storage ? crawl space ? Expensive to replace if stolen.....geez Dewalt cmon man...

haha buddy at the desk smartly took his phone and set the light to strobe as he heard my wife and I talking about it.....my wife looked back at him and said oh you can control it from your phone? is it getting ready to launch....lol

• Like 1

I don't think the R and D department at Dewalt or most companies have ever built a house or plumbed it,wired it,put down flooring worked in cellars or done anything practical.....most likely college grads with no real world experience.......shame cuz me ,you and a million other guys would love to show them ....what we need...how to roll it out,,,what we want next....guarantee they would make a lot more money...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, comp56 said:

haha buddy at the desk smartly took his phone and set the light to strobe as he heard my wife and I talking about it.....my wife looked back at him and said oh you can control it from your phone? is it getting ready to launch....lol

Ahhaha almost missed that "launch" part of that, tell me someone did a countdown lol

2 hours ago, Framer joe said:

I see it's purpose..I don't like it...Dewalt has serious lighting issues, that R and D guy needs to be fired ,,,I'll give lighting props to Milwaukee,,rigid is not bad...I still use the Ryobi flood light...I have limited batteries in all other lines but Dewalt...so I have hope ,,slim hope ....I agree with you guys ...storage ? crawl space ? Expensive to replace if stolen.....geez Dewalt cmon man...

who would want to steel it? Its so big that they would need to bring an extra truck just to make sure they have the space for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't care about the size or design so much because it is a damn bright light and it's clearly made for huge commercial size spaces...but the price is insulting. Wiring, bulb, casing. How hard can it be and how much could it really cost to produce?! 

And the thing with that is the general contractor provides the lighting for themselves and the other trades in the larger open areas in a commercial building, and I don't think they want one of these pricey lights sitting around. They have lights up on the ceiling from temporary power until permanent lights get installed. 

I'm not dismissing this as a good solution, but that price does make one pause....

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 8:53 PM, builditguy said:

I've never seen one in person.
I want dewalt to come out with some practical lights.
I use fluorescent lights, similar in size to the old halogen lights.
If I could get the same size, similar lumens in cordless, I would probably buy 4 or 5 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They keep trying to make innovative products when the old halogen style light works wonders already, All you need to do is light up the wall you're working on or if you want the whole room lit, just point the light towards the ceiling and the light will spread throughout the room. I have a Husky led stand worklight and a metabo cordless worklight. 3500 Lumens is enough to light up whatever im doing in the garage.