Circle Jig for Router table

comp56

Need to make a smaller size hole in a piece of wood, take a strip of wood and elevate it with blocks so it is as high or higher than the wood you want the hole in. Center the piece exactly half the dia. of hole you want in this case I want a 4" hole so the center will be 2" outside of cutter to center of cross board. Screw it all down on table or if you do it often you could make movable tracks. Set cut depth using a straight double flute bit or up cut spiral bit from underneath and spin, take a few passes until you see cutter and slowly spin until cut is finished, the last bit is easy but not holding a camera....lol  if you want to make more just remove one side and replace with new piece and cut...

1_38.jpg

2_37.jpg

3_27.jpg

4_21.jpg

5_15.jpg

• Like 3

ya that is an option for sure but like I say with 2 hands when it gets to the end you can cut right though and thanks making a proper round shute for the back of my Milwaukee miter saw seeing it is a 1.5" x 5" rectangle and is on a 90 elbow ....thanks Milwaukee but most duct collectors are round  so making it go right into a 4" hose straight back no elbow for better flow...will post pics soon 

• Like 1

ok so far so good as I mentioned the Milwaukee apparently has one of the better dust extractions for miter saws, I was pretty pleased with just a 2.5" hose connected to it for the most part running into my shop vac. however it still had a 90° elbow as soon as it left the saw which I think slows everything down so I took the slip on rubber/plastic jobby and cut it and added an adapter so it goes straight into a 4" port no bends. I'm guessing the 90° is there to save from being away from a wall but I want better dust collection and not worried about space, I have it away from wall anyway. So here is my version, may not look purchased but it is 100% what I want

20170220_124311.jpg

20170220_124325.jpg

now on to the next tool/station as I'm adapting everything to 4" hose straight up 

table saw (has 4" port already)

Planer   (has 4" port already)

Jointer  (has 4" port already)

oscillating Sander (has 4" port already)

Band saw needs bigger port

drill press going to make some kind of clamping stand holder ect ect so it too can be used 

eventually going to have everything making use of the bigger dust collector 1200 CFM should do me good as all of these tools will be used one at a time.

• Like 1

ok so it's band saw larger port, I figured I see so much saw dust if I forget to run the dust collector or over time it seems to collect in the bottom section. I figure I am upping the suction by about 3 fold so I would put the 4" port near the bottom of the door and it is pretty much the only real place it can go.......lol oh by the way give props to Milwaukee snips for cutting this sheet metal like butter, I know it is not that thick but it had some girth to it. Clean it up with the grinder and mount the port.....

20170222_113137.jpg

32 minutes ago, Foneguy said:

That is a clean install .... nice !!

ya it turned out quite nice...mind you there was not really anything that could go wrong...famous last words.....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Looks good comp, good to hear about the Milwaukee snips their hand tools aren't always the most rugged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

could be because it was their first bite into medal.....maybe 5 holes later might not be the same

• Like 1

so I decided instead of a cyclone because I want to make one out of metal but weather is an issue here for me (have to weld out side and I'm a pussy when it is cold out half snow half rain) I did this for now to make the dust collector a 2 stage, who knows might work good maybe I won't make a cyclone after all.....

la1.jpg