P107 low voltage and red light blinking

Hitamku

3 hours ago, Hitamku said:

I have p107 lithium battery 18v. Now i can't use it because if i charging it will be testing mode "red blinking". 

I showed my problems in this video. 

Thanks for helping 

maybe the red light is one step closer to the tool becoming Milwaukee red?

16 hours ago, Nordraw said:

Did you call the company line and see what they would do for you? That's the first call you should make,

If I did that, they would check my battery. But I was a different country.

14 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Usually your at the point of no return on a battery like that, like mentioned above warranty would have maybe worked but you'd need to replace the cells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not going to return. Due to shipping problems and different countries. So I want to solve this problem before buying a new battery

How many chargers do you have? I run into this problem once in a while, usually when I just used the battery and put it on the charger. What works for me is putting the battery on a different charger, but I have three chargers so it's easy to do.

If the battery is showing a really low voltage it may be past the ability of the charger to "read" it, which means it's dead. One trick you can use is try to charge it with something else, any DC charger of comparable voltage will have the ability to send amperage to the battery. Another brand of charger, a car jumper pack or a Battery Tender, or similar, if you have one, may send enough amperage to the battery to revive it. Then you can charge it as normal on the Ryobi charger. Could be as simple as the charger just being finicky with that particular battery. Can't hurt, if the battery is dead you aren't going to make it more dead.

There is a trick with "dead" NiCads, don't have a clue if it would work with Lithiums, never tried. But, you used to be able to put the NiCad on the charger, then unplug and plug in the charger several times in rapid succession and the battery would start charging again. I did it many times with my old NiCads, and it actually worked pretty good to revive them and keep them going...ultimately it stopped working but I got a few rounds of life out of the batteries before they died completely.

2 hours ago, Kato said:

How many chargers do you have? I run into this problem once in a while, usually when I just used the battery and put it on the charger. What works for me is putting the battery on a different charger, but I have three chargers so it's easy to do.

If the battery is showing a really low voltage it may be past the ability of the charger to "read" it, which means it's dead. One trick you can use is try to charge it with something else, any DC charger of comparable voltage will have the ability to send amperage to the battery. Another brand of charger, a car jumper pack or a Battery Tender, or similar, if you have one, may send enough amperage to the battery to revive it. Then you can charge it as normal on the Ryobi charger. Could be as simple as the charger just being finicky with that particular battery. Can't hurt, if the battery is dead you aren't going to make it more dead.

There is a trick with "dead" NiCads, don't have a clue if it would work with Lithiums, never tried. But, you used to be able to put the NiCad on the charger, then unplug and plug in the charger several times in rapid succession and the battery would start charging again. I did it many times with my old NiCads, and it actually worked pretty good to revive them and keep them going...ultimately it stopped working but I got a few rounds of life out of the batteries before they died completely.

unfortunately I only have one charger.

And yes, actually I want to try it. But I don't know how many volts when fully charged and how many volts if it needs to be recharged.

Can you tell me about it?

Because I get 18V in multimeter, you can see it on video.

What it means under volt and must be recharged? Or defects on the pcb?

Because of the way the charger communicates with the battery, the battery has to retain a certain amount of voltage to read "good" with the charger. If the charger thinks anything under 8 volts (for example) indicates a dead battery, it won't send amperage to the battery. That's a problem with communication between the battery and the charger. Or it's the level of voltage they decided to set into the charger or battery to determine a no-charge state.

Using something else to raise voltage on the battery will byoass whatever happens between the charger and battery, allowing you to "charge" the battery to a point where the Ryobi charger will read it as good and charge it.

So, lets say the charger needs to see 8 volts or higher (I don't know what the actual level is) to read the battery as good...you use whatever method you have to charge the battery without using the Ryobi charger, be it a Battery Tender, another type of charger, etc. to take the battery past 8 volts. Once you do that, get past the level for a "good" read, then the Ryobi charger will see a good battery and charge it as normal.

If that's your problem then it should work. If the battery is actually dead, due to a bad cell(s) then you won't be able to do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a problem with the pcb. I had the same problem as the guy in the video below. I left my battery in a radio and voltage was reading 0 volts on the post, but 4V when i took it apart and measured the main positive and negative. I jumped it like the guy in the video. When it was at 12V from the main positive , the post also showed 12V. From that point it charged it. 

You are already at 18V at the main positive and negative, but only getting 6V from the post. I would bet  the battery cells are fine, andyour problem is with the something on the pcb.