Very Lucky

CATERPILLAR

Wow, thank god!

I have a friend that managed to have safety glasses, the kind that seals against your face and has tiny holes on the side for air, he was cutting the wheel wells off his race truck...a tiny piece of metal flew through one of those holes and stuck in his eye! I wasn't there so I don't know how exactly it happened but I found out the next day. 

This guy is pretty accident prone, he's always getting hurt by freak accidents.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2017 at 10:37 AM, BMack37 said:

Wow, thank god!

I have a friend that managed to have safety glasses, the kind that seals against your face and has tiny holes on the side for air, he was cutting the wheel wells off his race truck...a tiny piece of metal flew through one of those holes and stuck in his eye! I wasn't there so I don't know how exactly it happened but I found out the next day. 

This guy is pretty accident prone, he's always getting hurt by freak accidents.

Yeah why does that have to happen!!? I'll have safety glasses on and the wind will blow stuff right around the glasses! Or an eye lash at the most impromptu moment

On 2/25/2017 at 0:15 AM, Conductor562 said:

I'm the world's worst about not wearing safety glasses. I wear them when I'm running the weed eater, that's about it.

Oh boy I'm in the bad habit about not even wearing them while doing that

2 hours ago, Atlas2000 said:

I had a lot of close calls when younger. (and dumber) Now I use safety glasses behind a full face shield. Glad you came out OK.

Young, dumb and full of ________   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yeah why does that have to happen!!? I'll have safety glasses on and the wind will blow stuff right around the glasses! Or an eye lash at the most impromptu moment

Oh boy I'm in the bad habit about not even wearing them while doing that

Young, dumb and full of ________   

? lol

I've had rust fall in my eyes a bunch of time and grinding particles or what ever and gas, brake fluid and anti freeze fill my eyes and my mouth after an idiot opened my radiator cap while engine was hot and thermostat was stuck shut and I've had a lot of dirt and even bugs get in my eyes it seems I have the worst luck when working on things or riding motorcycles lol.

Yeah you got lucky I learned to wear safety glass even when riding as getting things in your eye specially under eye lid sucks bad and can ruin your day I've had my eye get scratcheted and it sucked bad.safety first lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DerekTheToolGuy said:

I've had rust fall in my eyes a bunch of time and grinding particles or what ever and gas, brake fluid and anti freeze fill my eyes and my mouth after an idiot opened my radiator cap while engine was hot and thermostat was stuck shut and I've had a lot of dirt and even bugs get in my eyes it seems I have the worst luck when working on things or riding motorcycles lol.

Yeah you got lucky I learned to wear safety glass even when riding as getting things in your eye specially under eye lid sucks bad and can ruin your day I've had my eye get scratcheted and it sucked bad.safety first lol

Ouch yeah watch it.

I posted on here somewhere before about it, but two guys at work had something get stuck in their eye, and the eye doctor takes a dremel tool or sorts and grinds away a tiny bit of the eyeball to remove the piece that gets stuck in there. They say it's very unpleasant

• Like 1