Best corded miter saw

WestWrangler

I use dewalt. One area where dewalt innovates. The 780 is awesome but the cheaper models, aka without the accessories and gadgets, are great saws as well. I have 3 dewalt corded chop saws. The oldest one has 7 years hard use and is still going good and cutting true. 

I agree with Rich. My Kapex is the best. But...... $$$$$..$$$$$...$$$$$....so....Dewalt, Makita and Bosch make awesome saws, the Milwaukee is great, the Hitachi SCMS is a great machine too. I really like Dewalt saws. The Bosch axial glide is pretty neat. I am a fan of Makitas SCMS.  My only meh...I had a Ridgid 10" CMS and the fence was out of whack since day one. Welcome to the forums too.

I use a lot of hardwoods, I have the Milwaukee and I have tried out other brands,Dewalt Makita and Bosch and for what I see the Milwaukee had far more power than all of those, it is rated at 3.3hp not sure what the kapex is rated for?

I have been using various Dewalt miter saws for about 15 years now and have no complaints with them. I have a little time on the Bosch axial glide and preferred the Dewalt. Probably as I was just so used to working with Dewalt saws.

How come we never hear anything about Jet? http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/12-sliding-dual-bevel-compound-miter-saw/707120

I'm not sure what the horsepower of the Kapex is. It's 1600 watts at 13 amps. The reason it's so good is it's ability to act like a 12" miter while being more compact at a 10" equivalent, superior dust collection, precise dial control for the bevels, trenching etc etc etc. I'd bet with Dewalt has more peak power than the Kapex. It's the little things that make the machine so good. Of course the little things are pretty choice :)

5 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

I have been using various Dewalt miter saws for about 15 years now and have no complaints with them. I have a little time on the Bosch axial glide and preferred the Dewalt. Probably as I was just so used to working with Dewalt saws.

How come we never hear anything about Jet? http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/12-sliding-dual-bevel-compound-miter-saw/707120

I've heard a lot of decent things about the Jet but haven't tried it out yet alone even seen one in person. I think @Bremon has a pretty awesome machine. I'm really piqued about that one. Batteries or a DC line? That's just awesome.

The Dewalt 780 is a great mitersaw but if you want to put the saw right up against the wall I would definitely go with the Bosch glide system also if you looking for a budget friendly saw I would recommend the Ridgid miter is pretty good 

i have a Dewalt miter and have no complaints ive also used Milwaukee and Mikita miter saws and I don't like the Mikita compared to the Milwaukee and Dewalt and between the Milwaukee and Dewalt I like the Dewalt better it might just be what I'm used to

to but you can't go wrong with any major brand 

44 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I'm really piqued about that one. Batteries or a DC line? That's just awesome.

I was waiting for the Milwaukee cordless miter saw and was dead set on buying it when it came out. But after some thought I decided I would not buy a cordless miter saw. I just don't see the point for myself. I never work on sites without power and I don't find it that big a deal for myself to run a cord. Since I currently work in shops that supply saws, my home shop is for personal use and side work. So a miter saw should last me 10 - 15 years easy. I have to doubt any battery platform will last that long. 

The dealt seems like the best option as it uses both, but I'm not a Dewalt cordless user, so it would just mean I needed to purchase more batteries.

• Like 1

when your buying wood @$15-$25 BF and cutting it on a miter saw the best bang for your buck is not always feasible. I want something to cut properly and not worried about saving a few bucks on buying the saw. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bremon said:

How does the Kapex act like a 12" @ChrisK? Depth of cut at the fence?

Yeah it's actually measured in mm but the shroud on the saw head actually on a pivot so as you bring the saw head down to make a cut, the rear shroud on the head pivots up allowing for a much larger depth of cut.

• Like 2

True @comp56 I still haven't replaced my blade, the stock blades that come from Festool are super high quality and can get numerous sharpenings but if I don't have two good blades I would buy a Forrest. Wood is expensive and using a cheap-o stock blade mashing up some sepele would make me cry

Hitachi.

Just saying.

The C10FSH is very nice for a more budget friendly saw. I can make it produce cuts as well as some of the nicer ones available, the only difference is it lacking features.. That being said, I would love to try some others, but this one has been the perfect saw for my use, with the right blade though... i would really like to try a CMT blade and get even nicer cuts from it

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Hey bro, forgot to link this....

https://www.festoolusa.com/media/pdf/Kapex-KS120-Supplemental-Manual.pdf

Kind of interesting to see some of the highlights. 

6-5/8" nested crown. Pretty damn good! DWS780 will only do 7-1/2" for comparison, the DHS790 the same. Also notable is the direct drive motor like the M18 Fuel. Dewalt is still using belts (though ribbed belts are a lot better than bygone eras lol).

25 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Hitachi.

Just saying.

The C10FSH is very nice for a more budget friendly saw.

I think that is discontinued so would have to find old stock or used.

My saw that leaves the garage for deck and fence work is a Hitachi and it works great. I dont think the casting material will hold up to much abuse though but its been a fantastic saw.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Hitachi.

Just saying.

The C10FSH is very nice for a more budget friendly saw. I can make it produce cuts as well as some of the nicer ones available, the only difference is it lacking features.. That being said, I would love to try some others, but this one has been the perfect saw for my use, with the right blade though... i would really like to try a CMT blade and get even nicer cuts from it

Let's not confuse Hitachi as budget friendly for being cheap, IMO they are of the highest cut and build quality of saws twice the price and easily besting saws from DeWalt, Bosch and alike.  Pair a Hitachi with a good blade and you can't go wrong.

• Like 2

I would say Hitachi , bosch, makita. Have had a lot of experience with Hitachi's and makita not so much bosch . there are things to like and dislike about all them. Example the guard on the hitachi is an okay design but have had problems with it . very powerful and clean cut good 45 degree cuts and the tilting is good. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Tilting? Bevel? that what you mean? @CATERPILLAR 

It is really easy to adjust to square, as well

20170219_180251

The only issue that i've had recently was a loose rail guide, but it just takes a little bit of adjusting:

20170219_180402

? What u mean bevel and tilting ? Yes couldn't think of the word for the life of me ???

• Like 2