20v tools

Theultimatehic

Meet with dewalt testing/ developments rep today. Looks like there coming out with a brushless router, heat gun (which was really cool), and a 4"wood/tile saw (like the 60v grinder but blade is to the side). After the prototypes get chosen i get to test em after manufacturing of finished tool. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Logan said:

Some cool stuff coming out

That's also really cool that you get to test them after your done testing do you get to keep it

If I'm lucky i do. Sometimes you get to keep it sometimes you don't. I always hope i do haha. 

• Like 1

Sounds like DeWalt is continuing to expand despite what some think!  I'm a big fan of Yellow tools and it looks like more money will be headed their way.  Less than five years and I'll be able to actually use them regularly!

• Like 2

I may or may not have answered some questions about a heat gun but I cannot disclose the name of the manufacturer or if it runs on 20v Max BATTERIES, First rule..................of.....................fight..........................um...er...uhhh......

3 hours ago, Jronman said:

oh ok. I'm expecting a flexvolt router if a router comes out even though the battery would be a bit big haha.

With the 5a battery it will be about the same size as current 1amp palm routers since it will be brushless. I asked about its size cause the prototype was a lil taller then i would like. He told me it was gonna be a good 4"shorter then the prototype. Which would make it perfect size. He also mentioned most of these coming with larger flexvolt batteries in the package deal. 

Good to know.about these tools...when...is what I want to know.............also...damn   ..skippy..how the heck does a 30 yr master framer with vast experience and enormous amount of money and time invested in ..Dewalt ...tools get the Privilege of seeing,using and commenting on prototype tools,real tools,imaginary tools..??????? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Theultimatehic said:

The title isn't the most accurate. The new batteries are 20v but are also60v i was referring to battery when i put title. Didn't think it through very well. 

new batteries?  You talking bluetooth flexvolt batteries?

4 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Good to know.about these tools...when...is what I want to know.............also...damn   ..skippy..how the heck does a 30 yr master framer with vast experience and enormous amount of money and time invested in ..Dewalt ...tools get the Privilege of seeing,using and commenting on prototype tools,real tools,imaginary tools..??????? 

I know guys at my work get hear about new tools and sometimes test out tools but not sure if its like how @Theultimatehic gets to test them.

How ...how does one get chosen for that...? I want in...I want to give input on what the builders need...want....Oh Dewalt let me help you...." help me help you" jerry maguire.....I will personally help Dewalt make millions....and avoid bad tool decisions.....lucky lucky people...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

How ...how does one get chosen for that...? I want in...I want to give input on what the builders need...want....Oh Dewalt let me help you...." help me help you" jerry maguire.....I will personally help Dewalt make millions....and avoid bad tool decisions.....lucky lucky people...

I'm sure DeWALT Insights is a start for some, youtube and other means of promoting tools is another, but a lot of it may just be connections. My boss is apart of countless groups (not necessarily construction related) and has over 200 custom houses of experience so that may be a big factor into how the guys get to go to builders breakfasts which is where I hear they get the insider info on new tools and sometimes tool demos. The big breakfast was a week or two ago. haven't had a chance to see how it was. Honestly I'm not sure sure why our crew gets the privilege of going to these because we aren't a big cordless crew yet. We are mostly still corded or pneumatic, apart from the usual drill and impact. I wonder if you gotta be a member of builders groups.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

Luck. I ran into a rep at a store. We talked about tools obviously and i bought that gyroscopic drill. He ended up giving my card to testing guys who put me on there list. Met em twice now. Hopefully it keeps coming, and it sounded like it would. 

• Like 4