20v tools

Theultimatehic

Ya ..don't know how to get invited...I've built well over a 1000 custom homes....from 200000 to 10mil.....I enjoy building neighborhoods for middle class hard working people....then going back to visit them years later,it's rewarding....

.       ..of course building a multi million dollar home on the ocean is just as rewarding ...to me building houses is like ..art...none are the same ,each has its own personality,difficulties and rewards....to meet the new owners or home lottery winners walk in their new home ,happy ,smiling ..kids running around .(hey,that's my room !) .is a great feeling.......

............I just wish I could use my vast experience with tools on a daily basis to help manufacturers (Dewalt) develop,build,tweak the tools we want....and change the horrible roll out of new tools,the preorder crapshoot,and not knowing what New Tools are coming ....so companies can plan ahead for new tools coming ,,instead of jumping into other tool brands not knowing what's coming.....

• Like 2

While I agree with your first points, no company is going to give a comprehensive lineup of unreleased tools. Providing those on the fense motive to jump sides is bad for buisness as well. Every industry has trade secrets for a reason. 

• Like 1

I just disagree with Dewalt and other companies  philosophy.....when Dewalt developed 20v max and didn't have an adapter for 5yrs. for the 18v buyers ..they lost thousands of loyal customers pissed off.........

...builders,construction co., spend tens of thousands of dollars on tools..not like a DIY guy buying 1 

Planning and budgets are key to companies success

,, I think the opposite...Dewalt would make more money and build loyalty  by announcing new tools 6 months ahead of release..then release them on time ,to preorders first then the masses....other companies could not build that new tool in 6months ..plus brand loyalty is huge...but I'm not a billion dollar tool maker.....just a builder ...