Jumping the (DeWalt) Shark

fm2176

Okay, I've spent a fair amount over the past year amassing a decent array of DeWalt power tools and even some hand tools--particularly box cutters and tape measures.  A few weeks back Tractor Supply had a 3-pack of DeWalt branded socks bundled with a hat for $10 on clearance, so a couple came home with me.  I think I jumped the shark this weekend, though.  The local Sears is closing, so after browsing and laughing at most of the prices yesterday I finally got in line to check out.  A fellow in the next line had a familiar looking box, though: sure enough, they still had DeWalt footwear!  I'd never seen them before but wanted some Black and Yellow goodness (the tool section was limited to a few pairs of cloth gloves, a couple of corded drills, and a display DCD780/DCF885 combo for not excellent prices), so off to the shoe section I went.  Sure enough, they had a single pair of Baltimore steel-toed boots in my size and a few pairs of the Wrench composite-toed shoes.  Well, I wore the shoes yesterday and am wearing the boots now.  The shoes have great reviews but don't seem widely (at all?) available, so I went back earlier and bought the last two pairs in my size for backups.  

Anyway, how far can one go?  I own a couple of Fuel tools and some Milwaukee hand tools, but am a much bigger fan of DeWalt (though admittedly, I wouldn't have bought the other two pairs of shoes if Ididn't find the first pair comfortable).  Honestly, if they still had the branded shelving once devoted to DeWalt bags and cordless tools, I'd have probably bought that too just to put my tools on.  Now all I need is to seduce the DeWalt girl in Opelika and steal her polo.  Maybe get some gaudy black and yellow pants to match?  :lol:

• Like 2

Dewalt does seem to use good OEMs for the stuff they don't make, like the CLC-made bags and kneepads(I think). It's not like the majority of licensed merch that Snap-On or Craftsman has. I think it's smart to not license your name out to anyone but to fill in the market holes with your products OEMed by a decent company, Dewalt seems to understand that difference.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I have a DeWalt cooler does that count? 

Haha never knew DeWalt had shoes, do you know who makes them?

I bought snap on socks before, they were very nice actually!

I have seen a few people talk about Snapon Socks on a few mechanics FB groups. I guess they are legit really good socks.

14 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Dewalt does seem to use good OEMs for the stuff they don't make, like the CLC-made bags and kneepads(I think). It's not like the majority of licensed merch that Snap-On or Craftsman has. I think it's smart to not license your name out to anyone but to fill in the market holes with your products OEMed by a decent company, Dewalt seems to understand that difference.

The bags and pouches are made by CLC.  I gave the small technician pouch and the contractor's notebook.  Both are really good quality.

11 hours ago, fm2176 said:

The bags and pouches are made by CLC.  I gave the small technician pouch and the contractor's notebook.  Both are really good quality.

I know, it's the kneepads I'm unsure of. CLC makes great bags, I'm jealous Milwaukee didn't do a deal with them for bags. 

I wouldn't mind Milwaukee branded versions of the new Husky bags(not sure who the OEM is for those), those are just as nice as CLC.

• Like 1