Favorite Tool Store?

Jronman

eilte Tools or Busybee both Canadian both free shipping over $100

then of course local HD's and lowes I have bought from lowes but don't care so much for the store

and a place called GP mcecron a little ma and pa shop in the city 

We use to have quite a few dedicated tool stores in my area, including Woodcraft. A large portion of my youth was spent in those isles:) Then Home Depot and Lowes opened stores every 10 miles of each other and the smaller tool stores just couldn't compete even though they had 10X the selection. It really is sad, I have to drive an hour to Jackson's hardware in San Rafael to find anything HD or Lowes doesn't carry.

5 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

i was a climber too and my modded stihl 201t and a husky 562 and that'll do 99% of most trees around here. Sorry I haven't read the thread but someone mentions climbing trees and chainsaws I just had to jump in ?

Who modded them?

Lowe's and Menards are my most commonly shopped stores, I love ACE's reward sales(c'mon like $5 Dewalt bit kits and randomness!), closest HD is about 30 mi so don't get there too often. Online I generally buy on Amazon.

4 hours ago, AnonymousJoe said:

Brad Snelling, he's in central Ohio and does a great job and very affordable. He's real popular on the tree forums if u ever happen to visit those

Ha ha I've been banned from the Arborist forums since around 2006 :) At one point I owned about 12 modded saws, I sold them all off when I stopped climbing.

2 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

Ha ha I've been banned from the Arborist forums since around 2006 :) At one point I owned about 12 modded saws, I sold them all off when I stopped climbing.

Did you have rafter hooks and left side blades installed, cause you know you can't see if the blade is on the right side of a saw....:D:lol::D

• Like 1

For online cordless tools I generally I go to factory authorized or acme for the decent deals they offer. Sometimes i go to amazon or home depot just to look.

I recently found out about mcfeeleys which sells quality screws and fasteners. It will now be my main place to order from for screws.

Generally for small odd and ends i just buy at a local store like ace, menards or the local hardware. My favorite place to shop in store is builders or home depot.

Depends on what I'm looking for. I use Zoro and Tooltopia some for hand tools, Acme and CPO for power tools. Honestly, I usually just shop around and use whatever the cheapest seller is that looks legit. Hasn't really failed me yet, and I buy a lot of shit. I used Grizzly and Eastwood fairly often as well. 

If your're ever in the Sugar Creek/Berlin/Millersburg area of Ohio Amish Country, do yourself a favor and check out Keim Lumber . It's by far the largest non-chain tool & hardware store I've ever been in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lowe's and ToolBarn for me. Don't care for HD aside from Makita and Milwaukee (since they're the only local places that stock them) as their layouts tend to be all over the place. Lowe's has much better organization with isles for each cordless tool brand while they all seem cluttered together at HD.

Lowe's and ToolBarn for me. Don't care for HD aside from Makita and Milwaukee (since they're the only local places that stock them) as their layouts tend to be all over the place. Lowe's has much better organization with isles for each cordless tool brand while they all seem cluttered together at HD.

I prefer HD for tools, SBD dominates lowes now with the recent buyouts, both places don't come close to lumber though with Menards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I prefer HD for tools, SBD dominates lowes now with the recent buyouts, both places don't come close to lumber though with Menards

I have always heard Menards wood is junk. 

I'm mainly a Home Depot guy. They carry a pretty good selection of tools, wood selection and quality at my store isn't too shabby and it's just across the street from my office...which is awesome! Then I guess I would say Lowe's, Amazon and CPO Metabo.