And another one down the tube :)

ChrisK

my last three vans have all been gmc 2500 vans,  got 325,000 on first one before head gasket went, got 367,000 on second van before it rusted out, and the one im running now is an 04, and just hit 318,000, still running strong, no oil leaks or oil burning, still no rust through. i bought this one with a 100,000 mile rust out warrenty.I run nothing but synthetic fluids in everything, and do a tranny flush every year, i average around 35,000 miles a year. price you pay when you live in the woods.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 11:56 PM, BMack37 said:

I bet it would be better with different tires.

you are right, tires can make a huge difference, i run nothing but rear wheel drive vans and never had a problem in up state NY.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

We bought a 250 for a station truck, they bought the low end motor what a hunk of shot, thing is a dog I missed the old v10 triton we had even though the bed had a rusted out hole the size of Texas lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The F350 has the 5.7 V8 ........ grossly underpowered ...... we do have some larger trucks with the triton V10, now they haul *ss 

The F350 has the 5.7 V8 ........ grossly underpowered ...... we do have some larger trucks with the triton V10, now they haul *ss 

I want to say the 250 they bought had an even smaller engine [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I fully support all emergency services personal but can't help question some decisions higher up. These men an women are putting themselves at risk to help us. Don't they deserve proper Equipment? I know awd is more expensive but lives are at stake.

That's just my two cents 

• Like 3

We are on our last crown Vic. We have two Impalas that I think will be our last. Also have a Tahoe and a Silverado for squad cars. I think our experiment with cars is over. Every other department in the county has explorers. I think we are getting more trucks or Tahoe's when the cars get replaced. The Vic isn't the most nimble in winter. Usually park and sit unless I have to move when it gets that bad. Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On 3/23/2017 at 1:05 AM, rrich1 said:

We are on our last crown Vic. We have two Impalas that I think will be our last. Also have a Tahoe and a Silverado for squad cars. I think our experiment with cars is over. Every other department in the county has explorers. I think we are getting more trucks or Tahoe's when the cars get replaced. The Vic isn't the most nimble in winter. Usually park and sit unless I have to move when it gets that bad. Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you want nimble might as well go with an awd hatch. Just need to add a beefy grill, engine upgrades, some lights, a siren, and a fancy police car paint job.