Home made tenon jig

SetBuilder

I did not make this but thought it was a great idea. There is a prodject where we have to make a bunch of frames using lap joints. So one of the guys made a tenon jig to punch them. It just slides along the fence.  Then the second cut is made with a chop saw.

IMG_5349.JPG

IMG_5350.JPG

I bet that works well. What kind of chop saw to make the second cut?  Must be some kind of sliding miter saw? Seems that just doing a crosscut on table saw would be simple?

Always amazed that the stuff you guys build.

3 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

I bet that works well. What kind of chop saw to make the second cut?  Must be some kind of sliding miter saw? Seems that just doing a crosscut on table saw would be simple?

Always amazed that the stuff you guys build.

The guy who made it, imo is the most skilled carpenter in the shop. He is the only guy you often see using a hand plane.

They set up stops to finish the cuts on a sliding miter. In the last few weeks we got in about 16 Dewalt 780s. 

We only have 7 table saws so we try not to tie them up for too long. 

They way they set up the stops on the miter saw it was probably quicker that way.

• Like 1