Flexvolt Phase 3 Brainstorm

JakeDewalt

@Jronman a DS500 would be 20" tall. 500mm. The 300 and 400 are 12" and 16" respectively; 300/400mm. 

Re: DCS575; the dust port is optional; I bought one. Aluminum shoe vs magnesium is user preference. I have few doubts that if I dropped my 2731 the shoe could crack; aluminum would bend at worst. My 2731 doesn't have a dust port either, it does have a rafter hook though.

i don't doubt we will see more FlexVolt soon. There's a reason companies don't announce too much before things are nearly ready to roll off the line. I don't agree with it but we only got a couple months heads up on the Makita hypoid, etc. 

As others have said, a 120v table saw. Give me the option to plug it in when I can and use two batteries when I can't. I also like the idea of a Flexvolt pressure washer, mainly because I'm looking into electric ones at the moment and it would be nice to not have to deal with gas or power cords. A Flexvolt router (even if it's the 611) would be nice, I want a cordless router but can't bring myself to invest in Ridgid or Ryobi for one tool.

• Like 1

I would like to see more hybrid tools as @Bremon said for longevity as these tools aren't cheap and for a homeowner we want to make sure out expensive tools last, which is why I bought the DWS-780, if the 790 was out last year I would have bought that. for this reason I'd stay away from the current flexvolt table saw, but if they had a cord adapter it would make it more appealing.

Overall I think they should make more corded replacements making odd blade size tools might hold some back. 

I'd like to see a premium circular saw and recip saw that have the bells and whistles of their little brothers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DPSElias said:

I would like to see more hybrid tools as @Bremon said for longevity as these tools aren't cheap and for a homeowner we want to make sure out expensive tools last, which is why I bought the DWS-780, if the 790 was out last year I would have bought that. for this reason I'd stay away from the current flexvolt table saw, but if they had a cord adapter it would make it more appealing.

Overall I think they should make more corded replacements making odd blade size tools might hold some back. 

I'd like to see a premium circular saw and recip saw that have the bells and whistles of their little brothers. 

Dewalt is making a 60v adapter. I would have thought it would have been a smarter move to release it at flexvolt wave 1 launch but DeWALT wasn't rushing it. A 60v cordless to 120v corded adapter is a bit more tricky to make than a 120v cordless to 120v corded adapter. For me at least I don't need the rafter hook, 4 position chuck, and adjustable shoe. 4 position chuck and rafter hook would be nicer on a compact recip.

22 hours ago, Jronman said:

Dewalt is making a 60v adapter. I would have thought it would have been a smarter move to release it at flexvolt wave 1 launch but DeWALT wasn't rushing it. A 60v cordless to 120v corded adapter is a bit more tricky to make than a 120v cordless to 120v corded adapter. For me at least I don't need the rafter hook, 4 position chuck, and adjustable shoe. 4 position chuck and rafter hook would be nicer on a compact recip.

I am glad to hear they are coming out with a 60V adapter as I think that will open the market for the DIYers, heck I'd buy the 7 1/4 saw if I knew there was an adapter in case my one battery is depleted.