Yo Midogrumpy!

Hugh Jass

@midogrumpyCan I request a test of that new DCH293 you got? I drive a lot of tapcons in 3/16in and 1/4in variety. Been doing this forever with the Bulldog series of drills but this thing has quite a bit more power than they do, and occasionally I do snap the 3/16in bits, perhaps It's user error or I'm really lucky at hitting steel causing binding... anyway I'm concerned that jumping up something like 22% more power might lead to a lot more busted bits. 

Mind giving them a shot for me before I pull the trigger on this sexy beast and let me know how it does? 

I'm not the person you are requesting and I don't have the drill you are asking about.  (I know, you are already thinking, "Why is he replying?")

I just bought the DCH273.  Smaller version.  We do alot of 3/16" holes for tapcons.  This was the main reason I bought it.  It's only been on the job for 2 days, but everyone really likes it.  I couldn't be happier with it.  I may get the 293 for the next one, but the 273 has met all my expectations.  I know for sure, the corded sds drill will be coming out of the truck.

• Like 1

Thanks. My biggest thing is I want to fully replace my corded SDS's with one cordless option if I can, by pushing the limits of a smaller bit with a larger tool I gain the advantages of more efficient runtimes and productivity, especially for chipping when needed. 

It's clear to me that the 293 is going to be the largest SDS option with a built in self powered HEPA vac attachment, anything bigger and they're going to be suggesting hollow bits, which isn't necessary for my use and kind of eliminates the cordless benefits when you have to drag around a vac wherever you go. 

I held off buying for a long time.  Since the standard drill/hammer drill doesn't really do very good, I was thinking the same would apply to the SDS drills.

I was wrong.  I should have bought it a long time ago.  

The vac attachments are a great idea.  They seem to be priced reasonably.  On certain jobs, it won't be worth it to not have it.  Just one more thing for OSHA to issue a fine. 

I'm too small to worry about OSHA, my needs are more for working in finished homes where I'm concerned about keeping things clean as possible. 

Ha ha me too osha goes after me you know they got nothing to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/27/2017 at 9:58 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I'm too small to worry about OSHA, my needs are more for working in finished homes where I'm concerned about keeping things clean as possible. 

yep, anything that can be proactive in keeping their house clean before it gets on surfaces, absolutely! 

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

yep, anything that can be proactive in keeping their house clean before it gets on surfaces, absolutely! 

I've learned my lesson on a few projects where I said "oh, it won't be that bad." then I finish and I'm like "OMG, I have to clean their whole house, what was I thinking..."