What cordless drill to choose from?

Just me

I'm hunting for a decent but not too expensive drill driver or a combi driver. As it is to be used occasionally, I saw today in B&Q a Mac Alister with a lithium battery for a decent price but with only one battery. I have a preference for two batteries and talking about 2 batteries, Ryobi comes with a good price with 2 lithium batteries for around £100. Dewalt and makita for around £100 just bring nicad batteries. I probably need to wait for one of those events - 20% off in B&Q to buy a good cordless drill for a good price. 

What do you guys think about Ryobi? Does any of you use it?

If it were me, I'd rather have a Ni-Cad Dewalt than a Lithium Ryobi. If you can find a good deal on a good Lithium rig (Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, Bosch, etc) go for it. Ryobi is an entry level/homeowner brand and while it may be sufficient for your needs, the Ni-Cad Dewalt is still superior in every way. You can always upgrade to the Dewalt Nono base Lithium battery later on if you aren't satisfied with the Ni-Cad.

Unless the Dewalt drill is an xrp 3 speed then it might be worth the hit going to nicad. I have used Ryobi lions for over 6 years., and my oldest battery finaly was showing some age. I moved up to the m18 line because I have been doing larger projects. In this day and age not going with a lion system seems like a bad idea to me atleast

nicad are crap lads.

Lithium ion hold charge for months but nicad batteries if left go flat and die for good after a few weeks under the stairs or in the shed.

I had nicad tools and after an accident and hospital stay came back to work to find every nicad battery was as flat as a witches tit.

Hey there. I have the 12v Bosch P31-2al drill kit with Sortimo's tool box. Lithium Ion with 1.5ah batteries and thirty minute charger. Awesome kit. I paid $94.99 (USA) on Amazon as a special. They have the tool with soft side case for $99 (USA) at our local Lowes. Milwaukee M12 is good too with plenty of torque. Hope this helps!