What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XDG02Z

Makita also just released a compact version of their die grinder. I DO want a Makita product more directly akin to a Dremel, and would have preferred something more along the lines of what Milwaukee has in their M12 line, but this would have some advantages too staying compatible with my current battery platform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToolBane said:

https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/makita-auto-start-wireless-system-video/35953/

Some discussion about how Makita implemented their AWS and how certain design decisions will likely keep these new AWS tools forward-compatible as the system gets updated. Although I kind of can’t help but lament that it can’t be retrofitted to the cordless router I got a couple months ago, their decisions make a lot of sense.

Also can’t help but drool at the X2 miter and plunge saws. Two purchases I look forward to.

The track saw is the best tool purchase I made last year, and I made some amazing tool purchases last year lol. It was my first Makita tool and now I’m a believer in what @kornomaniac preaches. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ToolBane said:

Makita also just released a compact version of their die grinder. I DO want a Makita product more directly akin to a Dremel, and would have preferred something more along the lines of what Milwaukee has in their M12 line, but this would have some advantages too staying compatible with my current battery platform.

Is it compatible with Dremel bits?

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

Is it compatible with Dremel bits?

Yeah, as Brad M points out, they have a 1/8” collet available. This may prove to be better for my actual needs than a Dremel-sized tool, since it can also handle 1/4” fine and using my Dremel on projects that aren’t all that small has come up more than a few times. There is an approachability that the Dremel’s small size brings when working on really little things though...

Now if only Makita could release a cordless soldering iron...brilliant idea by Milwaukee doing that. Not sure how Makita would go about doing one of their own since they seem to be stepping away from pod-style batteries. I don’t fancy the idea of buying into an additional platform just for one tool, but I’ve had SO MANY occasions where a cordless soldering iron would have been a godsend.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ToolBane said:

Now if only Makita could release a cordless soldering iron...brilliant idea by Milwaukee doing that. Not sure how Makita would go about doing one of their own since they seem to be stepping away from pod-style batteries. I don’t fancy the idea of buying into an additional platform just for one tool, but I’ve had SO MANY occasions where a cordless soldering iron would have been a godsend.

They should have a cord between the battery and the soldering iron. Either clip the battery to your belt or put it on a bench. It would still be cordless and would allow for a very slim and lightweight soldering iron.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2018 at 7:41 AM, ToolBane said:

It’s a short nose die grinder. It’s been out for a few years now. They are bring a brushless die grinder out this year, probably only a long nose version 

9 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

It’s a short nose die grinder. It’s been out for a few years now. They are bring a brushless die grinder out this year, probably only a long nose version 

I don’t know if you just ruined my day or made it. The short-nose only just appeared on Makita’s US site, so maybe they don’t think these are as worthwhile to offer here or something? Same time I LOVE the idea of picking up a brushless model...that is if they even release it here in the States.

5 hours ago, ToolBane said:

I don’t know if you just ruined my day or made it. The short-nose only just appeared on Makita’s US site, so maybe they don’t think these are as worthwhile to offer here or something? Same time I LOVE the idea of picking up a brushless model...that is if they even release it here in the States.

If a brushless is coming then Makita Japan is pushing remaining stock to countries that didn't sell it yet. That's how it works

• Like 2

On 04/03/2018 at 11:13 PM, kornomaniac said:

Nothing more. But still has been repeated to me multiple times by Makita reps/managers that it should be coming 2018.

With mid-March approaching, do you think there is hope for a couple of new OPE tools? I remember reading rumors about a brushless version of their top handle chainsaw. A better 2x18v mower would be on my personal christmas list too.

2 hours ago, stefcl100 said:

With mid-March approaching, do you think there is hope for a couple of new OPE tools? I remember reading rumors about a brushless version of their top handle chainsaw. A better 2x18v mower would be on my personal christmas list too.

That chainsaw is out in Japan. Check www.makita.co.jp. But I'll be some months before available in other countries I guess :)

Mower no change yet

• Thanks 1

Makita has the new system out where you buy the main unit either gas or x2 then buy your attachments. It seems to cover most of the OPE needs. Not sure what else they could add for the system. Maybe a power brush or tiller attachments? I wouldn't mind a new Makita mower that looks more like the EGO. Maybe even has a steel deck option and/or a self-propeled option. I would also like to see it in x4 setup. Maybe a power mode that uses all 4 batteries for when you need more power then a low power mode that only draws from 2 batteries for more runtime.

13 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

That chainsaw is out in Japan. Check www.makita.co.jp. But I'll be some months before available in other countries I guess :)

I tried to check but decided that I will just take your word for it ^_^, I tried to download the outdoor catalog but it failed due to a script error. I could not find much on that JP site (except confirmation that Makita sucks at designing websites).

@Jronman

That multi tool system is indeed a very nice addition, can't wait to read the reviews. As you are saying, the current Makita 36v OPE line is *very* varied, with a better-than-average option in most categories imho... Only their mower seems to be seriously lagging behind. As I am watching Dewalt, Stihl and Husqvarna releasing their 36-40v models (including self propelled variants and a dedicated mulcher), I feel like Makita may need to even the score.

2 hours ago, DR99 said:

Well that includes pretty much every Home Depot I have been in they have no skus in the garden side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Home Depot does suck for Makita ope, I’ve been into a fair few depots on my travels around the US. Here in a Australia Makita ope is everywhere. I have about 20 big tool shop within an 1 hour radius of where I live 

1 hour ago, stefcl100 said:

I tried to check but decided that I will just take your word for it ^_^, I tried to download the outdoor catalog but it failed due to a script error. I could not find much on that JP site (except confirmation that Makita sucks at designing websites).

@Jronman

http://www.makita.co.jp/product/category/chain_saw/muc204d_muc254d/muc204d_muc254d.html

Here you go

• Thanks 1