What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

7 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Me want! :mellow:

They have pictures of it being used one handed, not sure it's allowed in every country due to safety norms  (or if it is possible, the manual can't state it or must advise against it, I am not sure).

10 hours ago, stefcl100 said:

Me want! :mellow:

They have pictures of it being used one handed, not sure it's allowed in every country due to safety norms  (or if it is possible, the manual can't state it or must advise against it, I am not sure).

In belgium there's a big red or yellow sticker on the box that warns that one Handed Chainsaws should only be used by professionals. Not that anyone gives a damn really

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bee-man said:

Oh shoot, that's sweet, but do they have a 36V version? Also, I see a power button... I hope it doesn't auto shut-off too quickly like their current BL chainsaw and jigsaw. That is one of the most annoying "safety features."

I think that's a good safety feature for a chainsaw. You lack the obvious audible warning of a gas saw that it's ' on '. Everything to help prevent a chainsaw mishap is a good thing in my book :)

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 9:51 PM, DR99 said:

Side discharge on mowers is becoming hard to find everything is either mulching or bagging now

Greenworks 82v and the newest Oregon mowers have it. It's also  found on the EGO, but barely usable according to reviews (even the cheerladers absolute fans from the official community forums admit it). I suspect that from a marketing standpoint, offering a mulching mode and telling people that they don't have to dispose of the clippings sounds more appealing, even if the actual mulching performance is less good than advertised (or so bad that it is actually damaging your yard if you are cutting more than 3 millimeters).

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that the 6-1/2" 18V Miter Saw that was floating around at shows last year is actually available now. The XSL05Z is only available as a bare tool and is $500. That seems awful expensive for a 6-1/2" saw.

1 hour ago, jtkendall said:

I just noticed that the 6-1/2" 18V Miter Saw that was floating around at shows last year is actually available now. The XSL05Z is only available as a bare tool and is $500. That seems awful expensive for a 6-1/2" saw.

It’s so cute, tho!

I’m trying to guess maybe it’s more useful in other parts of the world. Where a compact backup miter that isn’t a burden to tote around to small jobs in compacts on most of the world’s tighter roads could be kind of appealing. Although I *need* at least a 10” miter myself, 90+% of the cuts I have to do could probably be done on that little 6”.

I think it would be really useful for trim carpenters who might not need the to cut anything that exceeds it's capacity and want something lighter than a 7-1/4". Face frames and solid wood edge banding could easily be done with it. If it was half the price I'd keep my Makita batteries, buy it because I need a non-sliding miter saw, and this would be the perfect complement to my 10" slider.

3 hours ago, danielicrazy said:

makita DDA460.  An x2 angle drill.

I goto give it to makita, I always guess wrong with what they are going to come out with next.  Could be though because I just keep holding my breath for some proper nailers. 

Let's hope this one works better then the dbn500

IMG_20180325_234704_670.jpg

20 hours ago, Bradm said:

Any updates on release time frame for newer nailer/nailers?

Apparently in the first 2 weeks of April here in Australia! 

On 26/03/2018 at 4:04 PM, kornomaniac said:

Let's hope this one works better then the dbn500

IMG_20180325_234704_670.jpg

I messaged ‘toolpig’ on instagram and he said it was very good, much better than the 18ga. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, marsh942 said:

Apparently in the first 2 weeks of April here in Australia! 

I messaged ‘toolpig’ on instagram and he said it was very good, much better than the 18ga. 

hopefully they get this one right and then apply that to the other nailers 23, 18, 15, and framing.

sadly i don't use 16 ga.

Any update on a brushless multi tool? 

Any sign of an 18v x2 table saw to rival hitachi’s new multi volt table saw? 

Will makita be releasing a battery only framing nailer? 

Any news on high demand batteries to rival every other tool companies high demand batteries? 

39 minutes ago, marsh942 said:

Any news on high demand batteries to rival every other tool companies high demand batteries? 

Framer is still getting worked on. Next year apparently 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

Framer is still getting worked on. Next year apparently 

Really? Still that far away? I went to a Makita expo in June last year and they said they were hoping to have it at the expo but should be out before xmas, now possibly next year? Come on Makita, if you are too late with this one the other tool companies will eat you up. That said, I don't want them to rush it and stuff it up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marsh942 said:

Makita is supposedly moving from 18650s to better cells. Possibly either 20700 or 21700 cells

1 hour ago, Tools & Stuff said:

Really? Still that far away? I went to a Makita expo in June last year and they said they were hoping to have it at the expo but should be out before xmas, now possibly next year? Come on Makita, if you are too late with this one the other tool companies will eat you up. That said, I don't want them to rush it and stuff it up.

I notice this with almost every tool company. The new gen of Bosch colt is a good example. It was confirmed to be coming yet it took years to get to the market for whatever reason. Would a nice and reliable cordless framer from Makita be nice? It sure would but I would rather wait till next year for a good one instead of getting a so-so one this year. I have heard Makita nailers aren't the best. One can always be optimistic considering Makita does so many other tools well. The x2 platform is one of the most solid platforms out there.

• Like 1