new DCN680 Brad nailer (at least in EU)

midogrumpy

While I appreciate progress,,and will buy a couple of them...R and D really could of made the fly wheel and body much much smaller....limit the brad size to 5/8" to 1 1/2" ....as stated by others...it's a brad gun ....not much effort went into this one...it's disappointing....looks like the same size or slightly smaller...bigger isn't always better......cmon Dewalt!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

i have been searching for info on this nail gun since March your thread is the

first I have seen since then.

Found this on home depot website in early march it has since vanished. I am guessing release date around Fathers day mid june 2017

dewalt bradnailer new.jpg

dewalt bradnailer new2.jpg

dewalt bradnailer new3.jpg

• Like 1

Just was on home depot site and the DCN680d1 is back on their website but not in stock or available yet. Based on my past experience with new tool launches by home depot   about 3 weeks from today it will be available. Check the overstock section at your Home depot as that is where they keep the new stuff for upcoming promotions.

view it here "http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-20-Volt-Max-Lithium-Ion-18-Gauge-Cordless-Brad-Nailer-Kit-DCN680D1/301354095"

A little off topic but Home depot has just added the Cordless Flooring Stapler DCN682M1 and 18-Gauge Cordless Narrow Crown Stapler DCN681D1 to their website.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-20-Volt-Max-Lithium-Ion-18-Gauge-Cordless-Flooring-Stapler-DCN682M1/301424994

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-20-Volt-Max-Lithium-Ion-18-Gauge-Cordless-Narrow-Crown-Stapler-Kit-DCN681D1/301354121

63709889-e05d-4458-adbf-3a389ae78e72_1000.jpg

3d46e56f-af54-45a4-99ff-c5b48788093c_1000.jpg

So basically it took them like a year and 4 months to redesign a magazine they already have had on 18v tools for like 10 years. 

Swell. 

That has been my thoughts all along! It's ridiculous.

At least the lack in power when in the 16ga should equate to adequate power in 18ga.

If you think the 16g is weak you have a defective unit. 

It is weak. It's been proven on IG time and again. It cannot set 2.5" nails in most materials and definitely can't do it reliability.

I am comparing the dcn660 to the old XRP 16ga. I have both and a Paslode 16ga. The old XRP nailer is much stronger and easily sets 2.5" nails.

34 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

It is weak. It's been proven on IG time and again. It cannot set 2.5" nails in most materials and definitely can't do it reliability.

I am comparing the dcn660 to the old XRP 16ga. I have both and a Paslode 16ga. The old XRP nailer is much stronger and easily sets 2.5" nails.

Does it set them with a flexvolt?

On 4/11/2017 at 7:41 PM, DaveJr. said:

I can't believe how big it is.... I would almost prefer to drag a hose around and have my small pneumatic brad then that chunky nailer.

Not me.  Dragging a hose is only one part of it.  First you have to drag the compressor from the shop to the truck, then from the truck to the job site, then find an outlet, then drag out the hose, then drag the hose through the house, then you don't have enough hose so you add another hose, then you have too much hose.  When the job is done, you have to pick everything up, re-load it, take it back, and then unload it again.

I keep the cordless nailers in my truck.  1 bag to carry around.  Yes, I have to find an outlet to charge batteries, but not really.  I haven't charged a battery on the job for over a year.  I just put them in the truck and charge them at night.  They last so long I don't run out of charged ones.

I'm glad to see it's coming.  I think they could have gone faster, but I don't really know what is involved in developing a tool and getting it into production.

I will say, I prefer holding a pneumatic brad nailer, but I don't like being tied to a leash.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...