Trailer jack

dilloncorr

I was messing with my trailer this weekend and had a thought- am I the only one that would buy a battery powered trailer jack? I'm sure I could modify the crank to work on a drill, doesn't take much force.... but how about an engineered solution? 20v, 60v, 120v who knows.... might be possible to have a remote battery even as many people have tool boxes on the trailer. 

• Like 1

Mine is electric, wired it to run off of my trucks battery through the 7-pin wire plug. Beats the hell out of cranking by hand...sometimes I connect and disconnect 4 times a day. You can find them for under $100. 

That said, it's pretty slow. I probably could have done what you're suggesting and remove the handle to fit a socket or something directly to the crank shaft. It would be stupid fast with dewalt's premium 3 speed drills. 

• Like 1

All of my family is hours and hours away from here. The reliability of the locals here is non existent. All are old rich retired people or drunks on vacation for the most part. Island life tends to corrupt even the good guys after a while. Even big companies down here are rather awful.