Who else would like a Flexvolt Table Saw Version 2.0?

Trim guy

That's exactly what's coming out. Hybrid version of the 7491; 2x 60v Max or plug-in like the 12" mitre. I'm likely just going to get the 8.25"; more portable. It's not happening until next year though. 

The only sad part is the rumoured 60v plugin adapter is dead. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bremon said:

That's exactly what's coming out. Hybrid version of the 7491; 2x 60v Max or plug-in like the 12" mitre. I'm likely just going to get the 8.25"; more portable. It's not happening until next year though. 

No adapter :(

Im bummed out about that, you'd think this would make the cut.

5 hours ago, Bremon said:

Bugger. I really wanted that adapter so I can cord the tablesaw and the upcoming SDS+ drill if needed. Another innovational disappointment in the Flexvolt range.

As for the 120v max table saw, I will wait and compare it to the size and weight of 54v before making a purchase.

60v adapter ,no ? Not what I heard.... they won't sell a lot of 10"  ,,120v table saws,,,too heavy...might as well be corded...even the 12" mitresaw isn't selling so good...too heavy,,,..the same 12" mitresaws sit on the shelf at Home Depot....all the contractors I know want a light 10"cordless mitresaw..and love the 8.25" tablesaw....if your ripping more then 1.5" stock ,you should be using a corded version...

29 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

60v adapter ,no ? Not what I heard.... they won't sell a lot of 10"  ,,120v table saws,,,too heavy...might as well be corded...even the 12" mitresaw isn't selling so good...too heavy,,,..the same 12" mitresaws sit on the shelf at Home Depot....all the contractors I know want a light 10"cordless mitresaw..and love the 8.25" tablesaw....if your ripping more then 1.5" stock ,you should be using a corded version...

Ya, I'm hoping to see the 60v 10" miter that's across the pond make it here for much that same reasoning.

• Like 1

Our local store is struggling with the miter and table saw sales as well. I know they are selling the circular saw, recip saw and grinder like crazy, but I have been hearing the same issues in concern with the actual weight of the tool. I'm sure they will come up with something, as the tools somehow keep getting smaller and yet they have more power and runtime.

FB82

If 6 lbs heavier means I can get a real saw instead of the Fuel 10" I'll take the weight everytime. Table saw sales probably lag because people expect the 10" to come in at the 8.25" weight. Home Depot isn't where a lot of contractors I know buy much of anything. Tools like that are big dollar though, a new circ, recip, etc., those are all in the impulse buy price range. 

I would definitely buy a 10" 60v non-slider to compliment my 12" slider though. 

@Framer joe I heard rumblings of a 60v adapter for quite a while. This past week I was told it's off the table. Hopefully you're right and it happens. 

• Like 1

@Bremon it wasn't a rumor. Rob from concord carpenter confirmed it was "in development". I still feel it could eventually come out even if the rumored version you talked about is too big. Maybe it was put back on the drawing board until a smaller design is developed?

• Like 1

Yes, I'm aware of that, reps have been saying since FlexVolt launched that it was "in development" and many of the "influencers" have parroted it. You can believe what you want. I'm giving you the most recent info I've heard and that is that it's been abandoned. My purchases going forward will plan around it not being feasible and amortize the utility of the big ticket items that would benefit from it accordingly. You are, of course, free to continue to believe and hope it comes as well, my fingers are still crossed, but I'll plan my purchases accordingly ?. By from what I can piece together it was meant to be a 2017 thing and who knows, maybe they can figure it out in the future and it will be a 2018 or 2019 thing. I think it would be a hit regardless of when it launches. Hell, the more tools that can use it the more advantageous it is. 

• Like 1

I hope also...but wise words @Bremon to plan around not having the adapter...I personally like acme, because they have new tools early and have great deals and returns are no problem...but almost all framers I know just buy off the shelf at lowes or Home Depot ,because it's easy and convenient to return tools if needed..

..   of course my Hilti products I get from a salesman who comes by in a van full of shiny red tools...like Santa , but far from Free ! .and takes care of repairs if needed. 

.....     More Tools....More POWA ! 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

...but almost all framers I know just buy off the shelf at lowes or Home Depot ,because it's easy and convenient to return tools if needed.

Well with my last experience of doing a online pre order regarding flexvolt, I'll be buying my future tools off the shelf at HD too since they've pretty much consumed the entirety of initial supply screwing all the online guys. It was a brilliant move by HD but I still can't believe that Dewalt let them pull it off. 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2017 at 2:44 PM, Bremon said:

Yes, I'm aware of that, reps have been saying since FlexVolt launched that it was "in development" and many of the "influencers" have parroted it. You can believe what you want. I'm giving you the most recent info I've heard and that is that it's been abandoned. My purchases going forward will plan around it not being feasible and amortize the utility of the big ticket items that would benefit from it accordingly. You are, of course, free to continue to believe and hope it comes as well, my fingers are still crossed, but I'll plan my purchases accordingly ?. By from what I can piece together it was meant to be a 2017 thing and who knows, maybe they can figure it out in the future and it will be a 2018 or 2019 thing. I think it would be a hit regardless of when it launches. Hell, the more tools that can use it the more advantageous it is. 

I don't mind if it comes out or if it doesn't. I prefer battery over cord any chance I get, even in a shop setting. no trip hazard and more convenient for me at least. 

Don't .."shop guys" use giant heavy machines..the last shop brand I remember seeing that was tops was ..Delta...but I'm not a shop guy....I thought big stationary stations was what they did....my bud who is old like me had a big shop with fixed tools like "Norm " did on this old house....I really don't know

7 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Don't .."shop guys" use giant heavy machines..the last shop brand I remember seeing that was tops was ..Delta...but I'm not a shop guy....I thought big stationary stations was what they did....my bud who is old like me had a big shop with fixed tools like "Norm " did on this old house....I really don't know

I was thinking more handheld power tools used in the shop like a track saw, router, drill, etc. Heavy machines don't move so it doesn't matter if they are corded.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2017 at 4:57 PM, Bremon said:

Agreed @Jronman but with the hybrid tools it can instill more confidence in the longevity of the tool. 

I agree for these big ticket items I too believe that a corded adapter would promote more DIYers to buy into them, as if the 12 miter was battery only I would not even consider it in fear that the batteries will become discontinued rendering the saw useless. They did this on the old 24V stuff and I liked the idea then but when paying hundreds of dollars for a tool that wont be used all day every day you want it to last. Milwaukee would be smart to do this as well for the same reason.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 0:17 AM, Jronman said:

I was thinking more handheld power tools used in the shop like a track saw, router, drill, etc. Heavy machines don't move so it doesn't matter if they are corded.

I want the 60V track saw, I saw a video on the 54V track saw and the reviewer was really impressed with the power, and I have found myself in situations where a track saw would be handy.

2 hours ago, DPSElias said:

I want the 60V track saw, I saw a video on the 54V track saw and the reviewer was really impressed with the power, and I have found myself in situations where a track saw would be handy.

I plan on getting one. One thing I wonder is if it has detents at 45 degrees

I'll be getting the FlexVolt track saw. Same motor as the unstoppable circular saw and the table saw. [emoji106]
  • Like 2