Brushless Hammer drill

KAB

If you wait until the brushless comes out you might get a better price on a brushed model. I jumped on my Milwaukee kit too soon. Wish I'd have waited and got the Fuel for the same price I paid for the brushed kit. If you need one now, then no biggie, but if you can wait a few months why not. :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My experience has been that any tools released after the new batteries are released with the new batteries. Tools released before the new batteries are sold with the older packs until the existing stock is gone. For months and months after the red lithium packs were released you still had a chance of getting a kit with the previous gen packs. During transition periods like this you are much better off to order from a higher volume retailer like Ohio Power Tool as opposed to a lower volume retailer like tool king when ordering a tool that was released before the new batteries. They won't re-release them, just phase them in.

It's nice to see these increases in runtime and life span. It's now possible to cut the cord where just a few years ago cordless versions of power hungry tools like circular and recip saws were almost a waste of time. 

With the lithium ions i cant even work with the ni-cads anymore, the runtime difference is huge.

I was kinda late to adopt them myself. I was a little leery because of the problems some of the manufacturers had early on, but once I made the jump I can't deal with the ni-cads anymore. For me the lack of memory effect and shelf life was the ticket. The run times we get now is amazing compared to what they used to be. I remember the they first 9V set my dad bought back in 1992 or 93. Compared to todays tools they were like toys.

• 4 months later...

I have been using the Hilti TE 30- A36 and its awesome for cordless.  Can't believe the runtime and power with a cordless tool.  I know it's 36V, but I would have never thought the runtime would be so long for the amount of work you can do.

Yeah I remember when you guys did a review, that thing Is a beast, I bet it was a pretty penny but you know the old saying, you get what you pay for..

I don't think a cordless one would hold up to the punishment these things get at work

There are still some tools where cordless still isn't able to meet the demands in all situations. I'm still not willing to go all cordless for angle grinders. Even a 7amp electric model is sometimes not up to the task. Cordless is fine for small jobs or line of road repairs, but in a shop I want an electric model with 11 or 13 amps. I put Circular saws and Sawzalls in this category as well, and while the advances cordless technology have made them viable options that are sufficient in most situations, they still aren't "I'm selling my electric saw" good.

There are still some tools where cordless still isn't able to meet the demands in all situations. I'm still not willing to go all cordless for angle grinders. Even a 7amp electric model is sometimes not up to the task. Cordless is fine for small jobs or line of road repairs, but in a shop I want an electric model with 11 or 13 amps. I put Circular saws and Sawzalls in this category as well, and while the advances cordless technology have made them viable options that are sufficient in most situations, they still aren't "I'm selling my electric saw" good.

Yeah, speaking of corded circ saws, in your opinion, who makes the best 7 1/4?