Favorite NPS17 Announcement?

Jronman

I've cracked ToughSystem boxes, and own at least 15 of them. Obviously the DS130 and DS100 are weakest, but the others would certainly take damage from a 25+lb cinder block. Milwaukee's demonstrations are consistently among the most disingenuous tests I've seen in the tool industry. They regularly show their newest off against widely available mid-tier models rather than the competitions latest and greatest. 

I'm not calling the ToughSystem crappy, I'm saying it's obvious the PackOut system has significant advantages. Where it's pricing fits in the market remains to be seen, but there's no denying it incorporates every advantage every competing system on the market has and minimizes their downsides. If it didn't it would be a poor excuse to be late to the party. To downplay its one-touch latch basically calls out Systainers only advantage as superfluous. It's built at least as ruggedly as the most durable system currently out there, of which I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth. To top it off, with its multiple footprints it can integrate the finishing work friendliness of TStak and Systainer with the rough-in ready build quality of the ToughSystem in a single system. To call that mediocre or lacking innovation is to drink so much "koolaid" that you're intoxicated and need a cab. 

• Like 3

I've cracked ToughSystem boxes, and own at least 15 of them. Obviously the DS130 and DS100 are weakest, but the others would certainly take damage from a 25+lb cinder block. Milwaukee's demonstrations are consistently among the most disingenuous tests I've seen in the tool industry. They regularly show their newest off against widely available mid-tier models rather than the competitions latest and greatest. 

I'm not calling the ToughSystem crappy, I'm saying it's obvious the PackOut system has significant advantages. Where it's pricing fits in the market remains to be seen, but there's no denying it incorporates every advantage every competing system on the market has and minimizes their downsides. If it didn't it would be a poor excuse to be late to the party. To downplay its one-touch latch basically calls out Systainers only advantage as superfluous. It's built at least as ruggedly as the most durable system currently out there, of which I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth. To top it off, with its multiple footprints it can integrate the finishing work friendliness of TStak and Systainer with the rough-in ready build quality of the ToughSystem in a single system. To call that mediocre or lacking innovation is to drink so much "koolaid" that you're intoxicated and need a cab. 

Yeah that's all true the only thing I will say is you didn't see any blocks being dropped on top of the clear lids on the organisers which at least the tough box organiser has the same solid lid in the ds150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Oh @Bremon you are a spirited guy........much like Milwaukee embellishing here and there ,to make a point .....cordless staplers, heat guns, etc...innovative !!.

Milwaukee is an innovative company,,some great tools..m12 rocks...but

.......no one said packone should be complete right now..

......no one said it's not a nice system

......no one said it won't continue to grow

.....no one said tough system is flawless,(best for the Money)

.....no one said use Systainers on the job(but you)

......What I said is iPackOne is not Innovative, Disruptive.....a couple cool features doesn't make it ...Game changing........Flexvolt is Game Changing ,Sub compact tools are game changing...M12 is game changing....... IN My Opinion......And Dewalt is the Best ....More POWA !!!!'  Lol

Innovative and game changing are not the same thing, to argue PackOut isn't innovative is laughable, and to paint M12 as gamechanging in the same breath is hilarious. 4 years later they announce brushless tools in their subcompact line that are finally the size of all competitors' 12v tools and that's gamechanging? Who's drinking the koolaid now?

"PackOut is average at best"

"They have no drawer units"

"What is so great, a button to push on the front?"

This is about as disingenuous as saying FlexVolt is just a battery that works on most Dewalt tools. Yeah, they destroyed the cheapest Tough box in their demo. It's ok. Admitting their product is better doesn't make the stuff you use any worse than it was before last Wednesday ?. I'd say being "spirited" is preferable to willful ignorance.

5 hours ago, Craigh9916 said:

I haven't cracked a tough box yet and not saying they won't crack but in Milwaukee's test they used the thinner ds130 box to drop the block on , why would they use the thinnest one and not a ds150 onwards as they are thicker and stronger !

actually a ds130 is taller than a ds150

5 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Did you hear also, they have a ton of new boxes coming, this is just the tip of the iceberg. 

Has Milwaukee mentioned what future boxes are coming or was this just them saying more are coming?

I may consider Packout if I ever decide to switch storage solutions. It is superior to tough system at the moment. The only way I could see tough system getting any better is if DeWALT were to make a "gen 2" kinda like what Tanos did with the systainer when they introduced the systainers with t-loc to replace the old systainer system. They were somewhat compatible with the old system but at the same time a new system. I think the metal tubing on packout is a great idea and should be used in tough system. I'd like to see half width boxes and trays for tough system but I'm not sure it is possible without a redesign. Would be cool if the spring loaded handles on current tough system were changed in such a way as to keep current functionality with the wall rack and cart but function as a latching mechanism as well to replace the weak plastic tabs.

3 hours ago, Framer joe said:

.....no one said use Systainers on the job(but you)

I have never seen a systainer in person but I have heard of guys who use festool on the jobsite especially where dust collection is very important. Finish or cabinet guys would use em but a rough-in or framer guy wouldn't use one. 

1 hour ago, 77Ford said:

Was totally disappointed [emoji17]......just getting in to more M18 was looking forward to a cordless router......my answer is none of the above.[emoji6]

I'm guessing next year when they release the more powerful battery with the 21700 cells.

It's an opinion @Bremon...it's not personal,, last I checked there are no tool experts here just tool enthusiasts and some of use are actual daily hardcore users of tools and storage systems .....no need for "sharp" words,  as I respect yours and everyone's opinion and advice on here.....it's all good fun and hopefully help someone or   learn a thing or two.............What I do miss is Ricky and Fords  great deals posted and pics.....

• Like 1

Only on TIA do you see this much passion for tool storage!  No question does the Packout concept look interesting but for me it is more the smaller units and soft/open storage options that link together vs the analysis of the larger units and debate of whose brand is "tougher" :)

For me what has made the Systainer/T-Stak/L-Boxx so attractive and still more so then Packout (at least until I see them) is the diversity in options with organizers/drawers but more importantly in the shop the small carts they have available allow you set up options that are almost limitless with a small footprint. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BLRWI said:

Only on TIA do you see this much passion for tool storage!  No question does the Packout concept look interesting but for me it is more the smaller units and soft/open storage options that link together vs the analysis of the larger units and debate of whose brand is "tougher" :)

Yeah I'm more interesting in the smaller modular cases and bags than anything.

I really liked the auger bits they used with the impact wrench, if it's making that much cleaner of a hole, that pretty cool. I suspect it's a rebrand however. 

@Framer joe, no offence was intended, just an extensive discussion on our difference of opinions ?, if I was out of line I apologize.

11 hours ago, Bmill25 said:

I would like to see Milwaukee make the boxes the tools come in fit with the packout system. You need to buy a new impact? Just click the box on the stack. 

I would like to see this but I have my doubts, Fuel gear is getting crazy expensive as is. Could be a great way of getting people into the system without having to throw away crappy blow-moulded cases. If you've bought a few kits and already have the beginnings of a system it makes more sense to stay in it. Especially if they want to keep the crazy bananas pricing. I wish Dewalt would leverage TStak and ToughSystem better than just a few pack-in deals a few times a year. 

3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

really liked the auger bits they used with the impact wrench, if it's making that much cleaner of a hole, that pretty cool. I suspect it's a rebrand however. 

I'll be sticking to Wood Owl. Those do look nice though! The old school augers with one cutting edge and reamer...you might as well just punch yourself in the face rather than endure the anticipation of when your drill is going to do it for you ?. 

Has Milwaukee mentioned what future boxes are coming or was this just them saying more are coming?

I may consider Packout if I ever decide to switch storage solutions. It is superior to tough system at the moment. The only way I could see tough system getting any better is if DeWALT were to make a "gen 2" kinda like what Tanos did with the systainer when they introduced the systainers with t-loc to replace the old systainer system. They were somewhat compatible with the old system but at the same time a new system. I think the metal tubing on packout is a great idea and should be used in tough system. I'd like to see half width boxes and trays for tough system but I'm not sure it is possible without a redesign. Would be cool if the spring loaded handles on current tough system were changed in such a way as to keep current functionality with the wall rack and cart but function as a latching mechanism as well to replace the weak plastic tabs.

I didn't mention how tall it was ? Just that the DS 150 on wards is thicker ( material used ) and stronger !

I am a little late on this, but I liked the M12 Stapler... even though I didn't see that it was brushless? Which I found to be quite odd. Also, I thought the level bag looked cool, but I am guessing it is going to be very expensive. Lastly, the packout system I found to be interesting. It does look awesome and pretty innovative.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, Bremon said:

M12 Stapler is brushed @FrosBros82, which isn't too bad. Even the M18 cut out tool is brushed and that thing works way harder than a stapler. 

Touche', sir. I guess I didn't really think of it that way? Makes sense, because I am not really sure what application you could do that will make the stapler heatup too much.

1 hour ago, jkeating3 said:

Has anyone given any info on how the latching system is protected on the bottom of the Packout? I haven't seen any pictures.

I don't believe that it's specifically protected.  However, you can see from this picture that the latch is very small and only extends minimally below the lip and probably not below the bosses on the bottom of the box that latch into the box below.  The two protrusions on either side of the handle also look to extend past the locking tab.

Milwaukee-Packout-Tool-Storage-Large-Too

Does it need more protection?  Who knows, but my guess is that unless you hit it with a hammer in a very specific spot, you'd have a hard time breaking it off.

Likely no worse than a dirty tough box, tstak or Systainer [emoji23] 

Except the locking mechanism is a cleat style interlock. Those small rounded indents will easily hold mud and dirt. Hell, I have had 3 inches of mud stick to my veto, a smooth surface. Imagine what those new totes will be like with mud and dirt sticking to them!
One thing about my Tstaks I do like is that the bottom is fairly smooth and I don't need to worry about dragging excessive mud into the van!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, after seeing the photos on this I am going to have to see some reviews before I pull the trigger. Funny, because I was about to buy the tough system until I realized that this came out. Nothing to do with Milwaukee vs. DeWalt, but more for I want to buy something that will hold up, if that makes sense?

FB82