Kreg clamps

SetBuilder

I have one, tbh it sucks as locking pliers but because it fits the kreg jig, I use it a lot. It's like any other cheap locking pliers with a soft grip (That slips), I'm used to Knipex and Grip On locking pliers so...yeah.

They were on sale some time ago on Amazon and I think Lowe's has them for $25. If you use the Kreg jig a lot, then get it.

Thoughts @JimboS1ice?

I have a k4 kreg jig. I dont use it to hold the jig down but I use them to hold pieces flush with each other. That is where they really shine. They have a wide surface to get both pieces of the boards at once and allows for the connection to be flush. The automax clamps are far superior to the regular kreg clamps. I have the deep 6" ones and use them often. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:49 PM, rrich1 said:

I have a k4 kreg jig. I dont use it to hold the jig down but I use them to hold pieces flush with each other. That is where they really shine. They have a wide surface to get both pieces of the boards at once and allows for the connection to be flush. The automax clamps are far superior to the regular kreg clamps. I have the deep 6" ones and use them often. 

I went to Lowe's on this recommendation, Rich is dead on...the Automaxx clamps are about 30% more in price but easily 300% better clamps. I will be getting some of those clamps.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

@BMack37, are they a flat face? Also, is it something you can use on wood? Or will it mark it up? 

They have a rotating flat plate that won't mark wood unless you really crank it down.  I use them on pine all the time without marking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

@BMack37, are they a flat face? Also, is it something you can use on wood? Or will it mark it up? 

Exact same face as the regular clamps. It has a better and larger grip, it has a nice screw adjust that can REALLY adjust a wide variety of tightness-es. It looks and feels much stronger than the regular clamp. Night and day difference, everything I hated about the regular clamp is fixed in this clamp.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I realize I'm late to the party, but I've got the automax and use them all the time. A little herky jerky to release sometimes, but they're super quick to use and give a pretty good hold. I use them to hold boards on the drill press or for routing mostly. 

BTW, on instagram a person I follow was talking up Armor tool clamps and I noticed they look exactly like the Kreg Automaxx clamps, I asked and they are indeed the OEM of the Kreg clamps. https://www.armor-tool.com/

Pricing is about the same but it's an alternate retailer for them and they should have more available products.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BMack37 said:

BTW, on instagram a person I follow was talking up Armor tool clamps and I noticed they look exactly like the Kreg Automaxx clamps, I asked and they are indeed the OEM of the Kreg clamps. https://www.armor-tool.com/

Pricing is about the same but it's an alternate retailer for them and they should have more available products.

I saw those posts too and wondered if they were a copy or from the same place. thanks for checking. 

• Like 1