Jump to content

Kreg clamps


SetBuilder

Recommended Posts

I have one, tbh it sucks as locking pliers but because it fits the kreg jig, I use it a lot. It's like any other cheap locking pliers with a soft grip (That slips), I'm used to Knipex and Grip On locking pliers so...yeah.

 

They were on sale some time ago on Amazon and I think Lowe's has them for $25. If you use the Kreg jig a lot, then get it.

 

Thoughts @JimboS1ice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a k4 kreg jig. I dont use it to hold the jig down but I use them to hold pieces flush with each other. That is where they really shine. They have a wide surface to get both pieces of the boards at once and allows for the connection to be flush. The automax clamps are far superior to the regular kreg clamps. I have the deep 6" ones and use them often. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2017 at 5:49 PM, rrich1 said:

I have a k4 kreg jig. I dont use it to hold the jig down but I use them to hold pieces flush with each other. That is where they really shine. They have a wide surface to get both pieces of the boards at once and allows for the connection to be flush. The automax clamps are far superior to the regular kreg clamps. I have the deep 6" ones and use them often. 

 

I went to Lowe's on this recommendation, Rich is dead on...the Automaxx clamps are about 30% more in price but easily 300% better clamps. I will be getting some of those clamps.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

@BMack37, are they a flat face? Also, is it something you can use on wood? Or will it mark it up? 

They have a rotating flat plate that won't mark wood unless you really crank it down.  I use them on pine all the time without marking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

@BMack37, are they a flat face? Also, is it something you can use on wood? Or will it mark it up? 

 

Exact same face as the regular clamps. It has a better and larger grip, it has a nice screw adjust that can REALLY adjust a wide variety of tightness-es. It looks and feels much stronger than the regular clamp. Night and day difference, everything I hated about the regular clamp is fixed in this clamp.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I realize I'm late to the party, but I've got the automax and use them all the time. A little herky jerky to release sometimes, but they're super quick to use and give a pretty good hold. I use them to hold boards on the drill press or for routing mostly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW, on instagram a person I follow was talking up Armor tool clamps and I noticed they look exactly like the Kreg Automaxx clamps, I asked and they are indeed the OEM of the Kreg clamps. https://www.armor-tool.com/

 

Pricing is about the same but it's an alternate retailer for them and they should have more available products.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BMack37 said:

BTW, on instagram a person I follow was talking up Armor tool clamps and I noticed they look exactly like the Kreg Automaxx clamps, I asked and they are indeed the OEM of the Kreg clamps. https://www.armor-tool.com/

 

Pricing is about the same but it's an alternate retailer for them and they should have more available products.

I saw those posts too and wondered if they were a copy or from the same place. thanks for checking. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    16,544
    Total Members
    6,555
    Most Online
    Crim
    Newest Member
    Crim
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...