What's the life expectancy of the cordless nailers?

framer

Dewalt is coming out with more cordless nailers and I'm tempted to ditch my cordless paslodes to save on fuel costs. The paslodes are very reliable and last a long time with minor parts required every so often. 

So how many nails can you shoot out of one of these cordless Dewalt nailers before they need an overhaul? 

I thought I read somewhere that a guy shot 10,000 nails with the cordless framer and it needed a complete overhaul, which would have cost as much as a nailer costs new, just to repair. Is this the norm? 

10,000 seems pretty low.  Since we haven't had ours very long, I can't give you an answer.  I'm just thinking, isn't there like 3,000 nails in a box?  (varies from mfg to mfg)

I'm thinking a house takes at least 2 to 3 boxes of 3 1/4" and 2 to 3 boxes of 2 3/8".

As for finish nailers, again, there are alot in a box.  I'll still guess about 3,000 per box and at least 2 boxes per house.

My first DCN692 stopped firing at 30000 nails sent it to dewalt for repair 175 bucks later it only really fires 8 penny any larger wont sink. The older DCN690 has at least 35000 nails no issue. When they break do not bother with repairs just get a new one. Anyone with the dewalt guns can check how many nails its shot by switching to single fire mode and holding the trigger, each flash on the lights is 1000 shots. The guns are great anyways well worth having if your framing every day use a coil nailer on a compressor.

• Like 1

I have 2 dcn 692 for my deck company and 2 dcn 693 .....I use a half box (2000 per box) of 3 1/4" hot dip galv paslode .131 paper nails (1000) every weekend and 1 full box of paslode 2 3/8" hot dip galv (2000) every weekend .....

That's 52000  @ 3 1/4" 

And.  104000 @ 2 3/8" ......so that's 156000  nails PER YEAR roughly since the day they came out and never serviced any of my guns,,,I do oil the tips and spring (coil return) ...also remember that is nailing into pressure treated wood  2x8,2x10,2x12,4x4,4x6,6x6........a couple jambs over the years ,but almost none...

........the hanger gun works great also dcn693 , a bit heavy but dependable.....

......I would not get rid of your paslode guns, @framer they are great guns,but you can depend on Dewalts guns..

@framer just and FYI, toolaholic on IG put something up recently about the DeWALT trim guns and their tendency to leave marks on the finished product. He said its an easy fix and its minimal... but I figured I would mention it. We have an 16a and 18g on the site and I have not noticed it to be honest. However, I'm not a professional reviewer and shooting 2,000 nails a day. 

We only use the cordless trim guns to set the trim and nail off with a coil gun,,,then nail molding with it......if I did finish work for a living I'd probably get a cordless compressor (Dewalt) then never worry about needing power and use much smaller trim guns, brad guns, ...and bring it room to room....