TheBlueSmartie

I know you guys at Tools in Action like a good light system so I wanted to show you guys a company I have bought from and used their lights on a regular basis. The company name is Unilite. They are based out of England and build quality products. Today I am going to talk about the Prosafe PS-IL6R. A lot of this is copy and paste from their own site but they say it better afterall. 

image.thumb.png.695fbe2bc01bd67536529adc3075390a.png 

The PS-IL6R is a powerful rechargeable inspection light that has a multitude of features. Its Samsung SMD LEDs provide 600 lumen of power that is perfectly optimized for close inspection work. In addition to this there is also a 100 Lumen torch function which provides a focused light on small and hard to reach areas.

The unit is ergonomically tailored, with a well-placed moulded grip and encompasses some useful hands free options, such as its 360-degree positional magnetic hanging hook and its multi positional foldable kick stand. Charging is conducted via the DC-USB (Included) cable which connects to the rear charging point allowing for 12/24v charge, smartphone or computer charging.

image.png.44eba8dbe364afc135fd1e8813c39d64.png Super bright SMD LED

The PS-IL6R is a super bright SMD LED Inspection light & IP54 fully weatherproof for all conditions. Offering superb beam clarity unrivalled performance, power & portability. DC-USB rechargeable the PS-IL6R can be used just about anywhere, anytime for any application.

image.png.1c21089d2996529b747e009a25a7fd5c.png SMD LED’s give off a vast light spread. More energy efficient they also increase battery run times.

image.png.766d2f80a5aa68bfede981c2001134b5.png Place your PS-IL6R anywhere anytime with this super strength magnetic hanging hook.

image.png.56abf4a09cb0273c35f915f9882663be.png The 100 Lumen torch head enables users to inspect closer in more confined spaces than ever before.

image.png.1ce3f19a474bd961582baee49bea64e8.png USB charging allows for faster charging on the go, inside a vehicle or via any smartphone charger.

Additional information

Brand

Prosafe

Battery

1 x 4400 mAh USB Li-ion

LED

Samsung

Lumens

Beam Distance

60m

Run Time

4 hrs 30 mins

IP Rating

IP54

Weight

260g

Height

205 mm

Width

60 mm

I have personally used this light for illuminating walls for painting to working on parts in the car engine. Anyone in Europe should check out this brand as most inspection lights mechanics especially use these days are by Draper. This is an alternative brand with better build quality and products. I also have the Unilite PS-P1 Pocket inspection light. I will put this up also. 

I work in electronics repair, based on my experiences, I do NOT trust Samsung LEDs. I see soo many LED failures from Samsung...the only benefit is that the LEDs can be easy to find. In fact, today I fixed a Samsung TV (under warranty) for the THIRD time with bad LEDs. The LED strips we received had a bad LED on it out of the box. Ugh.

7 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I work in electronics repair, based on my experiences, I do NOT trust Samsung LEDs. I see soo many LED failures from Samsung...the only benefit is that the LEDs can be easy to find. In fact, today I fixed a Samsung TV (under warranty) for the THIRD time with bad LEDs. The LED strips we received had a bad LED on it out of the box. Ugh.

Oh no, I just bought a Samsung curved tv recently. Touch wood it won't have this happen to it. 

14 minutes ago, TheBlueSmartie said:

Oh no, I just bought a Samsung curved tv recently. Touch wood it won't have this happen to it. 

I've only done one of the curved screens and that was a bad Timing Control board. Mind you, Samsung has their own techs for their warranty, I only do Samsung under extended warranty, coverage warranty (like Direct TV) and out off warranty.

59 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I've only done one of the curved screens and that was a bad Timing Control board. Mind you, Samsung has their own techs for their warranty, I only do Samsung under extended warranty, coverage warranty (like Direct TV) and out off warranty.

I have a Toshiba tv that the backlight went on so I had to have one of the led strips replaced. Didn't realise it cost so much. 150 for the strip to be replaced. I have a Samsung tv about 2 years older that has lasted longer than I would ever have expected. Hence why I went with Samsung again. 

5 hours ago, TheBlueSmartie said:

I have a Toshiba tv that the backlight went on so I had to have one of the led strips replaced. Didn't realise it cost so much. 150 for the strip to be replaced. I have a Samsung tv about 2 years older that has lasted longer than I would ever have expected. Hence why I went with Samsung again. 

The thing is that the LED strip is cheap, it's the labor that's expensive...and I wouldn't do it for that little. Definitely over 200 Euro, about $250 USD or more depending on how big the TV is and how difficult it is to disassemble the panel. Some are easy, most LG's are pretty easy. Samsung isn't typically too bad except their cheap TVs, the problem is that some of them have these lenses that fall off with the slightest bump and it's a bitch to get reattach them because they are sonically welded to the strip, I still haven't figured out the best way to reattach them. I've been using silicone but it takes a long time to set. Superglue only works on the LG lenses.

13 hours ago, TheBlueSmartie said:

@BMack37 Was a 40inch tv. I was told by everyone to scrap it but just didn't have the money to buy a new one at the time. 

Yeah, out of warranty we don't recommend anything smaller than 50" for LED repair because of the cost. Otherwise, anything 32" and above is probably worth repairing. Most repair guys don't do any work on panels at all, I'm kind of surprised because it's pretty recent that more shops are tackling panel repairs...we were one of a handful of shops in the US that worked on bad LEDs 4/5 years ago. About two years ago was the point where we were allowed to open a panel under warranty.

...It sucks, it seems like half the TVs we work on now have bad LEDs or a faulty panel which are more labor intensive than a board replacement or component-level board repair. It takes up more time when I could be working on old audio equipment, which is enjoyable to me.

• Like 1