DCC2560T1 Flexvolt Air Compressor

jtkendall

Acme Tools shared this on instagram this morning a Flexvolt air compressor is coming soon.

"Coming soon: @dewalttough has added a 2.5 gal 135 max PSI cordless air compressor (DCC2560T1) to their FLEXVOLT line-up. And it's made in the USA! ?? Pre-order yours today."

Its $299 and only available as a 1 battery kit at this time. Not sure when it would ship or what it's actual release date is and I can't find it anywhere else.

IMG_9043.thumb.PNG.98b740f9f781298c9cd75e331ec6315e.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

looks nice. How does it compare to the Ridgid. Maybe more power? it appears like a bigger tank as well.

The Ridgid has a 1 gallon tank, so this has it beat on volume at 2.5 gallons. Ridgid also only has 1 SCFM at 90PSI whereas the Dewalt has 1.2. If you aren't invested in either brand the Dewalt ends up being $80 cheaper assuming you would buy two 5.0 batteries and the dual charger if you chose Ridgid.

The price difference and higher volume makes me really glad I didn't buy the Ridgid one.

On 7/26/2017 at 11:35 AM, Framer joe said:

Badass....considering the rigid (I have) needs 2 / 5ah to achieve 1200 nails and the Dewalt uses  1 /  flex battery 2ah/6ah to achieve 1220 nails ...

where did you read that?  is that trim nails? framing nails??

this compressor is really cool, but i'm trying to think what i could use it for besides filling a tire....theres cordless of most types of nailers now.....

Most Battery Powered nailers can't sink 2 1/2 inch brads into hardwoods and sometimes struggle with 2", with the exception of Paslode. So that could be the benefit of this, compressed air is still more powerful. plus you can fit all air guns from 15-23g in a small bag, where battery powered guns are much bigger. 

• Like 1

@framer...the info on the Dewalt is on acme tool or toolguyd...the info on the rigid is on any product page...The number shot is for brad nails.....a framing gun would shoot probably 10/20 nails before kicking the compressor on...trim gun 16 or 15g ..20/30 nails...a hanger gun about 2 hangers, then kick on...........the whole filling tires thing is better off with other tools...I have a Dewalt compressor/ jumper cables unit...small and does a great job for both....Ryobi makes great tire inflators.

This compressor works well for punch list, interior trim, small jobs...I have all the cordless nailers, I use the 16g to tack Trim up then nail with a coiler (exterior trim) ..I don't like the size and weight of the cordless nailers ,when I do finish work I would set this compressor in the room or just outside the room and use all my much smaller and lighter finish guns with a small hose......no jobsite power on almost all our jobs.....so anytime I can go cordless great.....plus my deck company will use this no problem it will be perfect...

6 hours ago, Marcv76 said:

Most Battery Powered nailers can't sink 2 1/2 inch brads into hardwoods and sometimes struggle with 2", with the exception of Paslode. So that could be the benefit of this, compressed air is still more powerful. plus you can fit all air guns from 15-23g in a small bag, where battery powered guns are much bigger. 

The Paslodes are basically air in a way because they use a gas cartridge. I wonder if the next gen cordless nailers will be as powerful as air.

Depending on total price, I just can't see myself getting into this. Flat tires yes...

but unless you have zero electricity what will you use it for? I know the argument on nail guns, which I agree with, but I would rather be totally cordless and set a few nails potentially... rather than have a cordless compressor and still have hoses around. 

Yes the Dewalt runs on 60v ...the large 3/9ah flex battery should run it all day...............uses...many......where we work building new custom homes ..no power..generators running all day and gas compressors.......this compressor will be great for carpenters punch list, ...finish guys that love  there very small lightweight air guns but have no power or don't want to run a bigger gas compressor....we love it  for our deck company....tons of hardware on decks...the dcn693 hanger gun is huge, heavy and can't fit in 12" oc spaces...so this compressor will work great using a small lightweight "strap shot" hanger gun for all that hardware...again no power on site..........anyone that already owns pneumatic guns and doesn't want a new huge investment in battery nailers will LOVE this compressor.....