DCC2560T1 Flexvolt Air Compressor

jtkendall

Just got it ...love it so far...finally I can go cordless and use my small, lightweight and fast Bostich (air) hanger gun instead of my DCN693 which is large, heavy and doesn't fit in 12" on center joists......as you see there is a lot of hardware installed on a deck (on the table x20 each) many many hanger nails shot.....

IMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Hey @Hugh Jass..how's that 20v sds plus doing ? Last I read you were killing the holes......your making pull the trigger on that one

I love it, been using it just about every day for a variety of tasks. I'm throughly impressed personally and would definitely buy it again. 

Yo @Jronman...yes that's the on off switch ..it's in a "cove" kinda protected from above and sealed under a rubber boot......no it can't go on top of Tstak or tough system and lock in,sorry............  @overanalyze if you mean a spike gun shooting 2 3/8" stick nails in rapid fire or a coil gun shooting 2 1/4" galv coils fast ? No ....

......the output is 1.2 scfm at 90psi , the smallest Dewalt compressor that can do that or anything a large compressor can do , is the 200psi trim compressor..3.0 scfm at 90psi ....I have that one and its friggn quiet and powerful but corded....

This will shoot all my hanger nails , without power , no problem..or finish work..or a punch list...but not rapid fire nailing of nails that big.....

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a visual of the difference in size between cordless nail guns and pneumatic. I think I like the smaller gun with the cordless compressor over the large gun. These are both 18G. 

IMG_6943.thumb.JPG.d7f60d82b6a3cb17db3a565bcc6c41ed.JPG

31 minutes ago, Marcv76 said:

Here is a visual of the difference in size between cordless nail guns and pneumatic. I think I like the smaller gun with the cordless compressor over the large gun. These are both 18G. 

IMG_6943.thumb.JPG.d7f60d82b6a3cb17db3a565bcc6c41ed.JPG

For Finish nailing cordless is the way of the future. No need to have an air compressor to drive a finish nail.

1 minute ago, JakeDewalt said:

For Finish nailing cordless is the way of the future. No need to have an air compressor to drive a finish nail.

I agree with you in regards to finish work. they aren't replacements just yet for certain projects. I made a dining table out of Hickory and needed to use nails to attach a trim piece to the side of the top. None of the cordless nailers I had could handle shooting 2" nails into hickory end grain. This included the dewalt 20v 16g, the greco 18g fuel nailer, or my buddies Ryobi 18v. I had to use my old pneumatic to complete it. That is where something like this could come in real handy. It should be more powerful than current cordless nailers and it can also be used for other tasks like filling up bike and car tires in non powered areas. 

Don't know about Europe......but this compressor is nice, I use it every weekend.....I have the cordless Dewalt nailers,,,use them...but I still prefer the cordless compressor and a small , light, pneumatic nailer........I'm sure the gen 2 compressor will be bigger and more air,,,,,,,and I'm sure the next gen nailers will be smaller and more capable...........electricity is the problem on our jobs,,,,

6 hours ago, Marcv76 said:

I agree with you in regards to finish work. they aren't replacements just yet for certain projects. I made a dining table out of Hickory and needed to use nails to attach a trim piece to the side of the top. None of the cordless nailers I had could handle shooting 2" nails into hickory end grain. This included the dewalt 20v 16g, the greco 18g fuel nailer, or my buddies Ryobi 18v. I had to use my old pneumatic to complete it. That is where something like this could come in real handy. It should be more powerful than current cordless nailers and it can also be used for other tasks like filling up bike and car tires in non powered areas. 

With respect, instead of working your way through four power tool options, would it not have been more efficient to just use a hammer?

Trying to find the gun that works for a  certain project can be challenging, once found that setup can be used again in the future ,thus saving time, also finding the max ability of a gun is needed info......a hammer works, for a cave dweller..bikes work also , why drive....? It's about being more efficient....

14 hours ago, Big Adam said:

With respect, instead of working your way through four power tool options, would it not have been more efficient to just use a hammer?

Your right that would have absolutely worked. It was more about me figuring out the limits of the tools and what types of jobs they are more suited for. I actually like using trim head screws sometimes also. They leave a hole not much bigger than a 15g nailer and actually bite into the wood. Someday when I have spare time I would like to try building stuff with hand tools only.