Klein K12055 Heavy-Duty Wire Strippers

jtkendall

Does anyone here own the Klein K12055 Heavy-Duty Wire Strippers and actually like them? I received a pair today from Klein and after using them for less than a half hour I already know I'm not going to use them. The cutters take more force than any other wire stripper I've used, the lock I don't think can be engaged one-handed, and it takes a lot of effort to strip stranded 14 awg wire. About the only thing I like on them is the grip

I want to say maybe it's just a production error but @justinkendall also is having the same issues with the pair he received. We both used the two Southwire strippers Justin owns, they had none of these issues, and I could cut and strip wire with them all day.

I use mine everyday. They are better suited for solid copper and are the perfect mix of a stripper and linesman.
They don't cut small stuff or stranded like a shear cut will, but they aren't intended to. They are an edge/anvil cut like a linesman. Much more resilient but require a little more force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a tool belt at work all day. I'm always trying and looking for ways in which I can lighten my load. I'm sure the strippers work ok. However I already carry my lineman and wire strippers. So for those reasons I choose not to use the heavy duty strippers. I would image you might use them at a workshop for production type work. To each his own. Cheers.

• Like 1

I use a tool belt at work all day. I'm always trying and looking for ways in which I can lighten my load. I'm sure the strippers work ok. However I already carry my lineman and wire strippers. So for those reasons I choose not to use the heavy duty strippers. I would image you might use them at a workshop for production type work. To each his own. Cheers.

That's funny to me because I also wanted to shed weight. Linesmans are the heaviest tool in a guys bag. Strippers are pretty light.
Most of my service work is 18-10awg so they work perfectly. They won't replace my linesmans, but they are sure are handy!