Cordless Tool Trivia

dwain

Hey folks,

Just a bit of fun. The person who first answers the question correctly gets to ask the next question. Obviously it doesn't work if people google the answers. Questions could be about which brand has a certain tool, what the spec of a given tool is, when it was released etc etc. Please bold and underline the formal questions so they stand out from the guesses and OT discussion.

Please restrict your questions to battery tools, and to brands that are available around most of the world to regular people, so that non-US people like myself can get it on the fun. Bosch, Dewalt, Festool, Makita, Metabo, Milwaukee, Hilti, Hitachi, Panasonic etc. Also, please be accomodating of model number differences etc.

First question: Which brand of 18V hammer drill claims the highest maximum torque, and what value?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice! hahah Too bad the amount of activity here isn't what it used to be :(  

You're right. Why is that do you think?

Both guesses so far incorrect (though I'm not sure exactly what Metabo you're referring to, I think Metabo peak at 1062 in-lbs / 120 Nm also). 

You're right. Why is that do you think?

Both guesses so far incorrect (though I'm not sure exactly what Metabo you're referring to, I think Metabo peak at 1062 in-lbs / 120 Nm also). 
I blame Instagram[emoji16] [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well that 1300 in-lbs would be the highest claim when it comes out, but it isn't the current top.

I'm VERY surprised no one has guess the Milwaukee FUEL, because if you did, you'd be SO SO very close (in torque claim). But still incorrect.

• Like 1

Hitachi 136Nm, not sure of the model. I remember it was promoted on the front page of the Sydney tools website for a few weeks. "Best in class impact driver, impact wrench, and hammer drill...." or something along those lines. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dmz2084 said:

Honestly the marketing of hard joint torque in drills is a load of horse shit, what really matters is soft joint torque.

Totally agree!

But we have a winner, it is the Hitachi at 136Nm, conspicuously just a little above the 135Nm of the FUEL which was already out ;)

D W, the floor is yours.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, D W said:

Which brands hold the top 3 positions for the longest stroke length in 18V reciprocating saws? Tip: 2 are brushless, 1 is brushed. 

Makita (1st), Milwaukee and Metabo?

4 hours ago, dmz2084 said:

All 32mm (1.25")  stroke. Brushless: Makita and Bosch, Brushed: Makita.

@dmz2084

That is correct! 

Bosch GSA 18V-32 brushless,  Makita DJR187 brushless, and Makita DJR186 brushed are 32mm (1.25").

Metabo ASE 18 LTX brushed takes out 4th place at 30mm (1.181").

Milwaukee saws are 28-29mm.

• Like 1

[mention=49616]dmz2084[/mention]
That is correct! 

Bosch GSA 18V-32 brushless,  Makita DJR187 brushless, and Makita DJR186 brushed are 32mm (1.25").

Metabo ASE 18 LTX brushed takes out 4th place at 30mm (1.181").

Milwaukee saws are 28-29mm.
Sweet, I'm actually learning a lot with this trivia post haha..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk