Cordless Tool Trivia

dwain

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

@dmz2084 Are you including models with different color options and is it all brushless impact drivers worldwide or all brushless impact drivers from one particular country? Are you taking into account different model number between countries for the same impact?

Different colour options count as the same model (Most colour options are for the Japanese domestic market and only available outside of Japan via grey import). US and World wide model name count as the same model, eg. for Hammer drills XPH07 and DHP481 are the same model. Also when the letter L was removed from the naming scheme  (eg for Hammer Drills LXPH01 and XPH01) count as the same model.

I think there's going to be some controversy on this one! From memory Metabo and FEIN both lay a claim on it, possibly Bosch too?

I'm going with FEIN for the first hand-held electric drill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwain said:

I think there's going to be some controversy on this one! From memory Metabo and FEIN both lay a claim on it, possibly Bosch too?

I'm going with FEIN for the first hand-held electric drill.

Ding ding ding

Fein was the first hand held power drill in the late 1895, Black and Decker makes a claim as well they were the first but they were the first to patent a pistol grip trigger drill in 1920. Bust Metabo or Fein it was a German drill!  On to you sir

• Like 1