New Makita LS1019 10" slide saw

Trident167

I too have a Makita miter, the X2 non AWS, other than a minor detent plate adjustment my saw is pretty true, I’ve been very happy with it, dust collection is on point, plenty of power for cordless. My saw gets a god amount of use like glass showed with his, my detent are rock on solid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 3/29/2018 at 5:08 AM, satchmodog said:

The saw we bought in january had zero play in the detentes. I never once used the lock down. One of the submorons on our job used the saw and kept cranking the lockdown so tight that he damaged the entire unit, however. Now the plate doesn't rotate freely.

I have an older 10 inch Makita and a DWS 780 and we used this saw. In 25 years I have never had to lock down a detente.

I think this is the key point with the detent plate issue. If you don't use the lockdown, or are at least careful not to overtighten it, there isn't an issue, but if you crank it down the plate doesn't holdup. Clearly this is a design issue that should be addressed, but functionally it isn't an issue since I rarely use the lockdown.

Our saws are used by a crew. Some just use detentes  some tighten down. Either that saw was defective or was abused. If you are slamming thru the detentes I am sure you will have trouble. Like I stated the Makitas for finish. The dewalts are more for framing and exterior work with stickiy slides jump start and lower power Dewalt motor. No saw is perfect not even the kapex. 

Our saws are used by a crew. Some just use detentes  some tighten down. Either that saw was defective or was abused. If you are slamming thru the detentes I am sure you will have trouble. Like I stated the Makitas for finish. The dewalts are more for framing and exterior work with stickiy slides jump start and lower power Dewalt motor. No saw is perfect not even the kapex. 

I know this is slightly off topic but the new Skilsaw 12” miter maybe the go to framing saw, from what I’ve seen it looks pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
On 11/2/2017 at 10:30 AM, SchenzhenSpecial said:

As much Makita as I have and I have had mitre saws from Makita in the past, I wouldn't buy one now. They just don't scream accuracy at me and now it seems it's becoming plain to see. 

I agree.