A good square?

Jronman

I'm currently looking at buying a square for my DeWALT track and it appears as if the one from DeWALT is hard to come by. I seen one by Triton that looks like a copy of the DeWALT and claims to be compatible with DeWALT track. Is it any good or is there a better option? 

I'm currently looking at buying a square for my DeWALT track and it appears as if the one from DeWALT is hard to come by. I seen one by Triton that looks like a copy of the DeWALT and claims to be compatible with DeWALT track. Is it any good or is there a better option? 

I am unaware of any square for the DeWalt track that is consistently accurate. I had the one from DeWalt and it was never square to the track.

Here is the DeWalt one that's available.

https://m.store.schoolspecialty.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?minisite=10206&item=3056593&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI)%20SSI%20-%20Bing%20Shopping&utm_term=4579603368820907&utm_content=Career%20-%20Technical&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Ddewalt%2Bt%2Bsquare%26form%3DAPIPH1%26PC%3DAPPL

The only Dewalt track saw accessories that are still on the market I think are the clamps (which are great btw) and the router adapter. I know that the track connector has been discontinued and I think it's the same thing for the square and the miter adapter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Not much for DeWalt. I'm really considering getting some festoon tracks so I can use their accessories. Especially the parallel guides.

Yes I think it's the best option right now but since it is green and black, you pay double for it.

Bosch in my opinion has the greatest system at a good price. If they could only bring it to North America. You can order from UK but it's a pain in the ...

2 hours ago, JMG said:

http://www.woodpeck.com/tracksquare.html  <-- Not currently available?

Just use a 12" speed square... or a couple of t bolts and a piece of plywood.

I knew it was unavailable on woodpeckers since it was a one time tool but I thought maybe someone would be selling one elsewhere but I couldn't find any. I figured it would be a good option considering it is from woodpeckers.

I may try a larger rafter/speed style square. My one for work is the smaller size. Empire has a 12in that looks nice. I wonder if my combination square would work?

The problem with the woodpecker is that it requires adjustment every time you use it. It does not auto-square to the track when you attach it. You could be just as well served by the piece of plywood and t-bolts, since that would have the same set up issues.

(Brass toilet mounting screws are a near perfect fit in a track slot)