Reno's Extreme

comp56

ok guys haven't been around been super busy with second stage reno's, entire top floor (third floor) of our house is getting gutted, 7 trailers full so far I guessing 2 more 1903 house a lot more work than just drywall.......update will come soon as rebuilding gets underway....moving walls ect ect

20170815_123000.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, comp56 said:

ok guys haven't been around been super busy with second stage reno's, entire top floor (third floor) of our house is getting gutted, 7 trailers full so far I guessing 2 more 1903 house a lot more work than just drywall.......update will come soon as rebuilding gets underway....moving walls ect ect

20170815_123000.jpg

sounds a lot like where I have been working at the past few months. Ours is a 1930's house though.

32 minutes ago, Atlas2000 said:

Good to hear from you again! Does it still have tube and knob wiring, or was it ever wired? I assume it was at some point. Plaster and lath is a joy to demo as well. Good luck with all the renovations. Guessing a mask company is benefiting from your efforts.

I had to tear out some plaster and lathe at our current job. It causes quite a mess. It also had some tube wiring but its getting all new wiring. 

Ya lots of fun, no wiring was updated awhile back so it has current (no pun intended) wiring but is getting replaced just the same new windows new insulation vapor barrior drywall new wall location ect ect everything 10 windows all ranging from 30"x60" and up to 59"×59" if it wasnt for the location of this house I would just sell it and buy a cheap stapled together shifting and warping house somewhere in a new subdivision so I can fix it in a few years....lol NOT! I was advised that every dollar I spend on this house I could see $6.50 or more in return 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pics bring back memories of working on a framing/demo crew. We demoed a multi family brick unit of P&L on one of the projects, and had to deal with nine to sixteen inches of pigeon crap that had accumulated in the entire attic crawl space of the building. Guess the previous owner thought it was just insulation or something.

replacing old cast main drain stack from 2.5 floors, what a chore.......this has to be the most grueling task thus far. without the help of this pipe cutter/snapper it probably would have stayed there.......lol 

20170829_132317.jpg

20170829_132329.jpg

• Like 1

Those chain breakers are nice unless you're using them just to repair a section of old, weak pipe. Something I refuse to do anymore after my last experience of chasing cracking pipes through a medical office building. I agree it's grueling and messy af. 

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Those chain breakers are nice unless you're using them just to repair a section of old, weak pipe. Something I refuse to do anymore after my last experience of chasing cracking pipes through a medical office building. I agree it's grueling and messy af. 

yes if I hired someone to do this might be a different story, but so far removing all the pipe has cost me a $16 rental fee a good days work and about $300 with of new ABS

you got that right, I'm happy I can do pretty much everything except electrical, (I don't touch electrical) but my brother is an electrician so I got that covered by him......

I see the wife isn't having any problems spending some of the budget, including a free standing soaker tub, along with free standing faucet for it. single double size kitchen sink with commercial style faucet waterfall vanity faucet and articulating pot filler...... vanity tub and matching mirror and cabinet are getting delivered tomorrow not even got master bathroom floor ready yet....custom kitchen cabinets are apparently ready for pick up as well..... 

20170830_195145.jpg

20170830_195329.jpg

20170830_195447.jpg

20170830_195537.jpg

20170830_195622.jpg

• Like 3

got side tracked with something else but managed to get new ABS piping roughed in for new toilet location along with soaker tub, leveled floor, and moved main drain pipe closer into wall to hide it. going to make one wall thicker to completely hide all piping 

20170904_103455.jpg

20170904_103412.jpg

20170904_103505.jpg

• Like 1

well carry on level off entire floor with new T&G sub floor, almost done finish it off in the morning, then maybe start slapping a couple walls up. waiting on brother to run all new wiring all over..... then possibly get to windows

20170906_202653.jpg

20170906_202723.jpg

looks like electrical is next, along with running new ethernet cable for internet and coax for cable TV. I'm glad all I have to do is have everything ready for my electrician brother....easy peasy  job....haha for me anyway. 

20170908_130123 (1).jpg

On 9/6/2017 at 8:02 PM, comp56 said:

well carry on level off entire floor with new T&G sub floor, almost done finish it off in the morning, then maybe start slapping a couple walls up. waiting on brother to run all new wiring all over..... then possibly get to windows

Did you use Advantech flooring?

• 2 weeks later...

little more done, putting the ol Milwaukee Fuel grinder to work with some concrete work fitting a new window. Worked great with a dry cutting disc. One window in 10 to go, figure start with the smallest one....lol

20170917_151235.jpg

20170917_154836.jpg

• Like 3