Reno's Extreme

comp56

final tweaks and adjustments before base cabinets get nailed down....
Vf2Ekrs.jpg
aykwbfT.jpg?1
funny back splash doesn't look like it goes far enough on microwave side but it is the angle of picture....

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone has worked with bamboo counter tops? It not being wood per say but is very close. Needless to say while I am splicing the counter and cutting the hole for sink I will pass on a tip: this stuff is harder than hard maple and will burn if a poor or dull blade is used.....A high tooth count blade is also best....also a very sharp splinter free cut can be achieved...sink in the hole, now the sanding and sealing begins......
XKreZt8.jpg
5YQkvE2.jpg
08vGADV.jpg

• Like 2

good and bad news...so it turns out fine dust from sanding counter top splices created a super fine covering in the area. It turned out I had sink on floor and it got covered in this super fine dust, well because of this I discovered the sink has a couple hair line cracks in 2 corners.......I bought the sink online almost 5 months ago......(sale what are you gonna do) anyway Kudo's goes out to Amazon.ca as their return policy is 90 days however when I explained that I hadn't installed it yet they said no problem sent me a shipping label to return cracked sink (no charge) and placed an order for a new sink 2 day shipping.....

sanding up with 320GT before sealing
ZpX365f.jpg
8bsH0sY.jpg
instead of going with the traditional 45 in the corner I just spliced a piece right along side 
seeings the seam is so hard to see it worked out great. the seam is actually in the middle of the picture....
drIYRLz.jpg
went with a natural satin finish 
 b1ztWg4.jpg
also got tall pantry and pull out put in place
pmpxAr7.jpg
MBlcETe.jpg
new sink or replacement sink will be here Wednesday so will be getting that plumbed in then.....I'm taking tomorrow off......lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

finishing up with some kick plate or toe kick what ever it is called, I didn't like the typical black plate that came with the dishwasher, seeings the kick plate I will be installing is high gloss like the cabinets the black factory plate would not look right, I didn't want a brake in the line even if I painted the factory one white. So I got a little creative by kerfing out the area where the dishwasher sticks out to match the factory thin plate. 
JWcAIn9.jpg
VhSknCZ.jpg
so instead of this look I get a clean straight line....
oCVk0GG.png
QAod5gw.jpg

• Like 3

Well my Kitchen reno is complete, 97 days of not having a kitchen sink is incredibly inconvenient but that is all over with now. The next order of business was to make my wife 6 ft tall, I did this by making here a 1 foot step stool from left over counter top. Seeings she is very petite 105LBS @5 ft 2 inch if she is jumping, it didn't need to be over built. It doubles as a plant stand when not in use too..... 
YrZBRhQ.jpg
Tqdx9oN.jpg

• Like 4

Now that the kitchen is 99.9% complete, (just waiting on new fridge) I'm bored......so I'm making new bottoms for the chairs, don't care for the round bar my feet rest on so I took some red oak and made some new ones trying to match theme of the table....
jta0Se0.jpg

• Like 2

little more trim work, didn't want to drywall angled part of stair case with corner bead ect ect so I took some red oak and made a cap. Will be staining it just dry fitting first...
phQW1S1.jpg
j3EUDj4.jpg

• Like 2

New counter depth side by side completes our new kitchen, it fits like a glove, thankfully I had my measurements correct seeings I just bought the fridge....lol
xSiS8ET.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

thanks Chris, ya wife is happy that's all that matters....when it boils down to it.  plus I get to eat....... between my poor eye sight and small buttons on the microwave I'm lucky if I don't burn TV dinners so I need her to cook 

well I originally planned for a matching door to house the electronics in this little floating cabinet, however after using it for some time I noticed between the laptop and the cable box it was creating more heat then I wanted. Not a huge amount but laptop fan kept coming on. So I went with a different approach. I removed the door, I made small wood frames and covered them with a couple layers of stainless screen, painted them black and bingo air flow and concealment. Top section houses the google home assist, don't need to see it so it works perfect. These panels are just press fit so they can be removed to gain access 

qxSQgfA.jpg

20180708_081248.jpg

I just happen to have a Samsung 32" TV /Monitor with a white bezel that fits like a glove. Now I can go from live TV or online with a couple clicks of a wireless mouse....
Fapu721.jpg
E9gUZSc.jpg

10 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

You made a late 90s rear projection TV!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes I did but with way better picture quality......;D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

well yet another project for the house, this time we are covering the media wall with silver stone, and instead of having 3 small speakers hung on the wall like in the before picture. I made a speaker cover, took a 2x6 and cut it up to fit the 3 speakers left, center and right painted it black and covered it with speaker mesh now it can go on the wall with a cleaner look
dqv2RoT.jpg
ebh2ZO0.jpg
00QrS5a.jpg
e67aKGE.jpg
NsnbBqV.png

• Like 1

furthering the project, I have wired the livingroom completely, before I install drywall against the back wall I made up a wall plate for all the wires that come out of the wall to hook up. because I'm using banana plugs I made it recessed and flush with drywall. I also labelled everyting so it is easier for anyone/everyone.....not gonna lie you prabably could buy one but I couldn't find a 3 gang
HUgPjql.jpg
kX9PygS.jpg
eVJrApS.jpg