Flexvolt Rear Handle 7-1/4" Circular Saw

jtkendall

2 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Factory authorized fulfills orders before Home Depot has them in stock , like last time with Flexvolt? That would be nice to get your pre order before anyone else got the tool 

What I meant was they said a deal is a deal and they kept their word on it. The free tool promo stayed free. Cpo started charging people for free tools even if they got the free tool promo.

16 hours ago, Jronman said:

I don't know if everyone was affected but I think @Hugh Jass had a preorder from cpo and canceled cause they were gonna charge for the free tool.

What they don't tell you is that you pre order and that's not billed till it ships, but the second you cancel you eat the full price of the "free" tool. I waited for months for CPO to receive shipment of Dewalt that were sitting on shelves at Home Depot the entire time. To me that's not CPO's fault, Dewalt gave massive favoritism to Home Depot and left all of the online retailers hanging like butchered meat, screwing all the contractors who preordered to guarantee their purchase. 

The whole thing was a clusterfuck that I'll never do again. From now on I'll wait for the retailers to post to Amazon and have it the next day instead for typically the best price available. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sarbatche said:

Hm. I took too superficial of a look at it. It looks like a worm drive, but I see now that it's still a direct drive saw with a rear handle added. Maybe I'll get one and add a beam saw attachment anyway. :shrug:

worm drives are quite inefficient when it comes to energy use, that doesn't mean they are bad it just means that when you have a limited energy supply i.e. a battery instead of mains power you are better to run a direct drive  saw without a gear box etc. When you are running off mains you don't have to worry about the reduced efficiency because you have an unlimited supply of energy. Anyway that as a long winded way of saying direct drive is better with batteries 

18 hours ago, Sarbatche said:

Hm. I took too superficial of a look at it. It looks like a worm drive, but I see now that it's still a direct drive saw with a rear handle added. Maybe I'll get one and add a beam saw attachment anyway. :shrug:

Don't underestimate it, it's putting out 2400 watts of power. The 6 1/2" 20v puts out 640w in comparison, it's a beast...but we don't know how it does in a torque situation yet, I'd guess just fine. 

On 9/1/2017 at 0:05 AM, Sarbatche said:

Perhaps you think about it in a different way, how is the motor is the 20V/40V/60V chainsaw relative to the bar? Chances are it is used in something else too.

• 1 month later...
Appears to be one in the wild shipped from amazon a fella posted a review and pictures. And acme has a pending charge for mine on a credit card so perhaps it will show up early.

Some ship the 15th but I think the 9.0 kit ships two weeks after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk