Compressor Advise

JakeDewalt

Ok here is the deal.

Expanding my Siding company and adding a 2nd Installer.

We used Red pancakes and hate them.

We both use Hitachi AVH2 Siding nailers.

I need an air compressor that can run 2 Siding installers (Sheathing as well with 8 OC in field and 4OC on egde). Rapid fire does happen and the compressor needs to be able to handle both nailers firing simultaneously at any pace then work requires.

I need the compressor to maintain the proper PSI to both guns under constant load.

Is the Hitachi Wheelbarrow my answer or can I still remain Electric and be fully satisfied.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regardless of the compressor you end up choosing in the end, it will probably be a good ideal to add a regulator for each gun supply line. Hose length and size can also cause issues for gun performance. If your compressor ends up over a hundred feet away from where you are working, a booster tank on the end of a half inch id hose with a regulator manifold mounted on it to supply your guns can cure pressure drop issues caused by longer small id hose lengths. Think of it as a step down transformer... Unregulated high pressure to the secondary tank and a functional pressure level on a short air lines to balance pressure variations.

• 4 weeks later...