Some new Bosch tools

kornomaniac

Just now, overanalyze said:

Their delay is one reason why I went back to Dewalt for my primary cordless tools. Just don't seem to really care much about the NA market.

Bosch might make durable tools but the lack of new tools and expansion is staggering. I would tell someone to go Ridgid over Bosch unless they just needed very basic tools.

• Like 1

Yep! If I didn't like their 12v line so much I would simply ignore their cordless offerings.

Now on the 110v concrete side...I LOVE their smaller sds max combo drill/hammer! That thing is a beast. Core drills like a champ and demos tile and masonry well in small amounts too!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DR99 said:

I wish Na Bosch wasn't so slow or picky with releasing new tools. The crazy thing is they are going all in with the core batteries but really have tools that benefit from them for the most part.

Only the brushless grinders really. There's Abit of a power bump on the recipe but on the grinders it's noticable alot :)

Bosch might make durable tools but the lack of new tools and expansion is staggering. I would tell someone to go Ridgid over Bosch unless they just needed very basic tools.

What are they seriously lacking? I’m an electrician and haven’t really been swayed by any other brand offerings, so I’m curious what I am missing because I see this sentiment expressed often.

There are a couple specialty tools I desire (M18 SDS-Max drill, DeWalt cordless cutout saw to name a couple), but you will have that with any brand and it hasn’t made me think about switching. I much prefer Bosch quality, design, and battery performance over what I experience from other brands. I keep all my stuff up to date and regularly check out what other brands have to offer.

I do have a few NAINA tools, but only a few. A couple vacuums and a couple 12V specialty tools.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, isaiahb85 said:

What are they seriously lacking? I’m an electrician and haven’t really been swayed by any other brand offerings, so I’m curious what I am missing because I see this sentiment expressed often.

There are a couple specialty tools I desire (M18 SDS-Max drill, DeWalt cordless cutout saw to name a couple), but you will have that with any brand and it hasn’t made me think about switching. I much prefer Bosch quality, design, and battery performance over what I experience from other brands. I keep all my stuff up to date and regularly check out what other brands have to offer.

I do have a few NAINA tools, but only a few. A couple vacuums and a couple 12V specialty tools.

A cordless 7-1/4" circular saw. 

I don't know that they don't have a variety of tools but they seem really slow in bring out new tools with the latest and greatest.  Only recently have the brute drill, grinder, and reciprocating saw become brushless.  Circular saw isn't brushless.  High torque impact needs updating, brushed and only 500 ft/lbs of torque ( new milwaukee has 1000ft/lbs).  I know brushless isn't everything but runtime and performance test all over youtube show bosch brushed tools falling behind the competitions brushless tools. 

My biggest quandary with bosch is the idh182 socket ready impact driver.  It makes for a not very compact impact driver and it's not really powerful enough as an impact wrench.  It was maybe a good idea in theory but it just didn't pan out and yet they're still pushing it as their top end impact driver.  

• Like 1

I have mostly bosch 18v and 12v kit it always been my brand of choice but I had waited so long for a cordless mitre saw that in the end I bought the dewalt 18v and I’m happy with it but if bosch had released an 18v one I would have preferred that as I have loads of batteries , and they are very slow at releasing tools as it’s a German thing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I messaged boschna on Instagram about a track saw coming to the US. They responded today saying a track saw will be coming out in 2018. No word on when but it is planned. I didn't ask about an updated version or not. Either way I'm suprer happy. Only problem I see is it being priced comparable to the festool.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The plunge saw is supposedly really good and could rival the Festool. 

I noticed Bosch has tools made from Asia now. Maybe it is an attempt to release more tools. Seems like Bosch has always been slow at tool releases.

Seems like Bosch isn't as popular as other brands in north america. I don't see myself investing in much Bosch but hope they start releasing more good tools.

• 1 month later...