Makita vs Milwaukee Brushless Impact Drivers

ChrisK

So here is a conversation starter. Does anybody have a direct comparison between the three speed Milwaukee fuel impact and Makita's three speed brush less impact? Just curious, I have the M18 Fuel but HD in the next town over has the Makita lxdt01 kit for $179. Clearance. Which made me think...hmmmm should I or should I not.

• Like 1

Well, in terms of performance your looking at 1460 in/lbs, 2800 rpm, and 3400 IPM with the Makita versus 1600 in/lbs, 2900 rpm, and 3600 IPM with the fuel. The feel of the fuel is better too. I find my hand is a tad big for the Makita as I constantly hit the selector switch inadvertently. You'll get more run time from the fuel as well. The Makita offers you nothing. It's a step back from what you have. Unless you just need a second impact, I say pass.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Will review M12 fuel 3/8 impact when I receive it. For the Milwaukee 2653-22 M18 FUEL impact driver I find (having not used the Makita)

That the mode selectors really take the guess work out of driving fastners, mode 1 not enough with full trigger pull? use mode 2. Perfect!

That way you dont have to guess with a variable trigger. For a mechanic I need precise or near precise torque specs with my tools, without this one screw could be at say 40ft/lbs the other one 70ft/lbs and you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.