Pull the trigger on the 60v table saw or hold out for 120v

Bill539

So what are most people running for blades on the FV tablesaw?  I'm kind of a blade junkie, and really like having good blades on all my saws.  I'm partial to Freud industrial, but they only make 8", not 8 1/4".  That is only a loss of 1/8" of capacity, so not an issue really i guess.  Is the Dewalt blade that comes with the saw good enough that you just left it on?

I use the stock FlexVolt for ripping down stuff I don’t care too much about. It’s a competent blade. I have a variety of Freud Industrial and CMT ITK for it. 

Be aware that the FlexVolt blades are stupid thin, so the Freud Industrial thin kerf will cut run time. Beauty blade though. 

• 1 month later...

So my wife hooked me up this Christmas and made the decision for me!  She bought the 60v saw.  Problem is, the first time I locked the fence in place, the linkage snapped!  Pretty surprised they used such cheap material.  Anybody happen to know what that part is called.  I know I can warranty it but if I can replace it with actual metal I’d rather do that.  Thanks fellas.

E32B4545-B94C-4A4A-BEE2-F1F9D3CD36CA.jpeg

F6A7B46A-5D63-412C-814F-34CAEB527F47.jpeg

4 hours ago, Bill539 said:

So my wife hooked me up this Christmas and made the decision for me!  She bought the 60v saw.  Problem is, the first time I locked the fence in place, the linkage snapped!  Pretty surprised they used such cheap material.  Anybody happen to know what that part is called.  I know I can warranty it but if I can replace it with actual metal I’d rather do that.  Thanks fellas.

E32B4545-B94C-4A4A-BEE2-F1F9D3CD36CA.jpeg

F6A7B46A-5D63-412C-814F-34CAEB527F47.jpeg

Look at the threads on that piece closely, if one end has left hand threads and the other right hand threads, it would be a turnbuckle. I'd just contact DeWALT and get the part through them and their warranty.

Metal, but like melted down hot wheels car metal. I called CS while driving to visit some family and the lady would not even attempt to look up the part without giving her the serial number.  Which, she was polite and I wasn’t going to be rude or argue the day after Christmas cause I’m sure they get that enough so I just rolled with it.  But I feel like taking 5 minutes to look up and see if all the models used the same piece anyways wouldn’t have been that hard.  Guess I’ll call again tomorrow.  I think I found the right one on amazon thanks to the info above but they were $10 and I didn’t wanna spend the money to fix when a warranty should do it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When I bought my Saw the Fence Measurments were literally dead on. I would never pull a tape measure at the table Saw I just trusted the measuring on the table.

Well the other day I accidentally bought some 1x8 Cedar and got to the job realized I needed 1x6 . So I set the table Saw and off I went.

😩😫😳

was almost an 1/8 inch short on Width. Luckily it didn't affect the project finish or quality but having the woodworker soul I have this has been irking me.

i know a lot of trade guys with shitty handydown table saws that always use a measuring tape at the Saw and they are like what's the big deal ?

So today I will be reseting the fence to be 100% true and keep an eye on it every couple jobs to see how long the trueness lasts.