Dewalt rear handle monster

Framer joe

8 hours ago, framer said:

how cold are we talking?  if its below freezing, you shouldnt be framing :rolleyes:

your kidding right? so I should just take all winter off? if it gets to about -10 then we may take the morning off till it warms up a bit lol. 

this is right now and we have just began the fun that is winter one week into a 3200 ft house 2 guys and 3 weeks left to finish no time for cold days good thing I still have all my cords ugh..... 

Screenshot_20171102-060902.jpg

8 hours ago, bigskyframer said:

ya I love rafter hooks every gun I have has one every saw needs one! my biggest complaint with the Milwaukee line is the rafter hooks are cheap plastic this one is all metal and works very well. however coming into winter I have major concerns for the batteries I can already tell you Milwaukee is winning that battle. 

...what makes you say that? 

2 hours ago, bigskyframer said:

the other day I didnt have my heater in my trailer yet the Milwaukee batters charged no problem the dewalt was pissed and didn't charge untill it sat in front of the heater for hrs 

Well as far as I know charging lithium batteries  below freezing temperatures kills the cells. That's something you'd actually want to avoid.

Perhaps the DeWalt batteries/chargers were protecting themselves and your milaukee batteries are possible dieing ?

12 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Well as far as I know charging lithium batteries  below freezing temperatures kills the cells. That's something you'd actually want to avoid.

Perhaps the DeWalt batteries/chargers were protecting themselves and your milaukee batteries are possible dieing ?

I think a frozen lithium battery that is cold charged is a potential hazard (it can fail later on and explodes). Dewalt has probably some built-in protection to protect you from doing it.

• Like 1

Don’t all lith ion batteries have a hot/cold delay ?  Wow all winter off ? We maybe missed 10 days  in 30 years ,,....no such thing as too cold or too hott in Framing. (Contracts).....

.......we use Dewalt batteries and cordless tools all winter.,we do run  a very small portable heater in our job box where everything is stored.... cordless .paslode is great except in very cold weather...gotta keep the all season fuel cells warm...

.....been using the new dcs577 ripping lvl timbers ,,,friggn beast, no problem no stall...wish it was blade right but we will get used to it...it’s worth it !!!!!

9 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

nothing was even close to frezzing. and yes thnx for the explanation.  I did already know about the batterys but it is something to be aware of for sure

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Don’t all lith ion batteries have a hot/cold delay ?  Wow all winter off ? We maybe missed 10 days  in 30 years ,,....no such thing as too cold or too hott in Framing. (Contracts).....

.......we use Dewalt batteries and cordless tools all winter.,we do run  a very small portable heater in our job box where everything is stored.... cordless .paslode is great except in very cold weather...gotta keep the all season fuel cells warm...

.....been using the new dcs577 ripping lvl timbers ,,,friggn beast, no problem no stall...wish it was blade right but we will get used to it...it’s worth it !!!!!

How does it's power compare to the blade right FlexVolt sidewinder?

So truth is ...if you need a Saw for ripping lumber , pt ,lvl(structural lumber), anything more difficult then plywood ...this is THE saw...I haven’t used blade left saws for framing in 30 yrs ...I wasn’t sure I’d like it and I’m still getting used to the new blade left dcs577...

..(.really most homeowners probably only need the 20v XR 7 1/4” circ...)....

...the 575 is awesome and I thought that’s all I could want..........also the other crew uses the new rear handle Makita which is as powerful as the 575...it’s a nice saw.ill admit..

...I love the 575....it’s all I’ve used till now,and love it.....BUT....The 577 is unfreaking believable. I thought yah yah more power,.no...it’s true....it’s on a another level all alone....no joke...I wish Dewalt paid me to say this stuff but,,,they don’t......the 577 can do anything faster and easier, then any other saw corded or cordless..period............runtime....on 1/ 9ah-3ah it will ..rip..triple stacks of 3;4 “ advantec ply,,rip engineered lumber, cut pressured treated stock, post beams ..for 4-5 hrs straight...go to lunch and it’s charged for the rest of the day or use 2/ 9ah-3ah.....it is made damn durable, In my hand it just feels like your holding a monster  on a leash ready to just shred anything in its way......

.....silly I quess but everything about it screams quality...heavy duty...hope this helps..:)

9 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

So truth is ...if you need a Saw for ripping lumber , pt ,lvl(structural lumber), anything more difficult then plywood ...this is THE saw...I haven’t used blade left saws for framing in 30 yrs ...I wasn’t sure I’d like it and I’m still getting used to the new blade left dcs577...

..(.really most homeowners probably only need the 20v XR 7 1/4” circ...)....

...the 575 is awesome and I thought that’s all I could want..........also the other crew uses the new rear handle Makita which is as powerful as the 575...it’s a nice saw.ill admit..

...I love the 575....it’s all I’ve used till now,and love it.....BUT....The 577 is unfreaking believable. I thought yah yah more power,.no...it’s true....it’s on a another level all alone....no joke...I wish Dewalt paid me to say this stuff but,,,they don’t......the 577 can do anything faster and easier, then any other saw corded or cordless..period............runtime....on 1/ 9ah-3ah it will ..rip..triple stacks of 3;4 “ advantec ply,,rip engineered lumber, cut pressured treated stock, post beams ..for 4-5 hrs straight...go to lunch and it’s charged for the rest of the day or use 2/ 9ah-3ah.....it is made damn durable, In my hand it just feels like your holding a monster  on a leash ready to just shred anything in its way......

.....silly I quess but everything about it screams quality...heavy duty...hope this helps..:)

wow!  tomorrow i'm finally getting one delivered. can't wait.

• Like 1

No @glass...under built ? It’s like 4” thick. Kidding but there is no weak point on the 577....the depth gauge is thick and the markings are super easy to read, the bevel has pos stops at 22.5 and 45........the base plate is “honey combed “ ...the entire saw is a beast. Made specifically for contractors abuse.....put a diablo framing tracking point blade on and H o L d  o n ...for the thrill and pleasure of ripping into piles of lumber .............NoOne has an answer for Any Flexvolt Tool (ok except the recip ) ....Dewalt Domination!!!!!!!!!!!!