Dewalt rear handle monster

Framer joe

The depth adj arm on the 575 is 2.5 mm thick on the 577 it’s 5.1mm thick.

The base plate on the 575 is 4.4mm thick on the 577 it’s 8.6mm thick

The bevel arm on the 575 is 3mm thick on the 577 it’s  4.0 mm thick

....nearly 2x thicker and more heavy duty on the 577 compared to the 575 , which is already more heavy duty then any other cordless saw on the market....

.....Id say Dewalt engineered the 577 for some serious use. 

• Like 1

Track saws , ? We have a Festool , it’s precious but the set up is too slow and ya gotta be xtra careful placing the track down, so it doesn’t bend......we are framers nor cabinet makers, my boss was insane getting that. ...He ordered  6 more 577 saws though after he used mine......Love That Saws Power.....More POWA!!!!

• Like 1

And I work for makita too. I like both systems. The makita cordless track and router are debomb. I like the flexvolt table saw, the miter is a great framer and outdoor saw, the right angle drill is a beast along with the grinder. I lust after that made in japan 4 speed impact by makita. These tools are so good by both dewalt and Makita it makes festool irrelevant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2017-11-05 at 9:39 PM, Framer joe said:

The depth adj arm on the 575 is 2.5 mm thick on the 577 it’s 5.1mm thick.

The base plate on the 575 is 4.4mm thick on the 577 it’s 8.6mm thick

The bevel arm on the 575 is 3mm thick on the 577 it’s  4.0 mm thick

....nearly 2x thicker and more heavy duty on the 577 compared to the 575 , which is already more heavy duty then any other cordless saw on the market....

.....Id say Dewalt engineered the 577 for some serious use. 

Well that explains the shorter depth of cut. That sounds like a heavy duty shoe!

Man I love that POWA.....cutting engineered lumber into hip rafters, valley rafters on that long compound bevel cut is now NO problemo...... now send me another one Dewalt ;) ...... cordless the only way to go......

like today we tried running probably 8 -10 circ saws  at once plus a couple tablesaws and a couple chop saws.,4 /100ft lines of ceiling lights ...just keep popping the breakers..2 lines from the pole 120v..... into the temp box.that has 4/30amp and 4/ 20amp outlets....had the electric company come out and they said just too many amps being drawn......

I love cordless...

• Like 1