Makita 12v

Textoolguy

I think lowes has given up on competing with Home Depot on tool sales at one home depot by me I have the choice of bosch, dewalt millwaukee, rigid, ryobi, black and decker, and makita, and corded and air porter cable tools. Lowes has porter cable, dewalt, kobalt, skill, bosch, rockwell black and decker and hitachi, Lowes carries more brands but they are diy oriented brands. And when you buy cordless tools its the battery platform that has the best tools and the best selection of tools to choose from

It depends on which HD I go to the newer store has a whole area setup just for bosh with a spokesman there and tool demo's. The space used to be for Hilti tools who bailed after the construction bust in metro detroit. The older store has just the bulldog sds drills and that's about it. Both stores don't carry any pc cordless tools and just a small number of corded

My HD never carried Hilti. The have the Bosch Bulldog, multi-tool, and a router. As for PC, they have a couple sanders, a hand planer, a plate joiner, and a grinder. Other than that it's all Milwaukee, Makita, Ridgid, and Dewalt.

Yea they carried the fien multi tool last holiday season. I get some things are regional, but it seems like lowes carries more of the same items in each store than home depot.

Mine has never carried Hilt I either. I can get Bosch hammer drills, routers and a planer. PC has a router and some accessories but that is it. Saws for both makes no. Cordless for both, no. And when the heck is the M12 Fuel line coming out!?!?!?

Bosch discontinued the old 7/8" Bulldog I believe. That might have something to do with it.

Yea my local HD has been trying to get rid of a display model of that model bulldog for over a year they are asking way too much for it though with all the wear it has.

Well...I'll believe it when I see it! February 1st my lily white New England A$&!

LOL, they always hit the online stores before the brick & mortars. My HD was about a month behind Ohio Power Tool and CPO getting the M18 Fuel stuff on the shelves. That's all I'm basing it on.

Oh I hear ya! So I just watched a video of the Makita LXPH03 on YouTube. The guy used three different sized masonry bits the last line looked like a huge bit. Really impressive! I have to try my Hitachi out using a similar test because the last bit looked like a 1/2" bit and it actually did a good job. I'm sure my Hitachi will do better but I hate to admit it but the Makita really impressed!

Yeah. They don't have it at my HD yet and truthfully with my winning that Hitachi I cannot see buying it but I have to admit that 4 pole motor is spinning at 2000 rpms and putting out over 700" lbs torque for a min brush less. Maybe Makita has removed their heads out of their hind quarters? At least till they get on the 12v bandwagon!

A 4 pole motor is more powerful it has more torque than a brushless motor.

My Metabo has 850 lbs torque which is just a country mile ahead of the fuel and anything else out there.

My only argument with Metabo is how bloody hard it is to find somewhere that sells the very latest tools they make outside Germany.

I'll not argue that, but I have to believe that if Milwaukee can get 750 in/lbs from a brushless, Makita could have at least came close. Advantages and disadvantages aside, brushless is the future and the PH03 would have been a bigger deal and generated a lot more buzz had it have been brushless.

I am wondering the same as far as the brush less. The torque and speed is incredible and I won't argue with you Wayne about the merits of the four pole motor and both Milwaukee and Makita tools in the 18v line are 4 pole. The thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong but clearly to me the benefit is the prolonged battery life from the brush less. So my question echoes Conductor in that why not brush less? Clearly Makita can put some power (more so than the Milwaukee non brush less) by they have the technology to do brush less. On top of that the light duty hammer they have is clearly the loser in pretty much EVERY power test. The one thing I felt that Makita has is the comfort and weight of the tools. MAKITA!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING??!!??!! EXPAND THE 12V LINE! GO BRUSHLESS!