Makita 12v

Textoolguy

I honestly believe Milwaukee is the top brand for cordless right now. They've really turned things around. I was concerned TTI would ruin the brand, but that just isn't the case.

Yea the only thing makita has is the number of different 18volt tools they make compared to any of the other mass market 18v powertools. Look at dewalt they really lost a lot of the cordless tool market share compared to when the xrp line was first released. They took way too long to adopt lithium battery tech. Bosch tools don't seem to be popular on this forum, but are well like by a lot of people. You also have the hilti metabo's and festool's also, but they are not really mass market tools at least in the usa.

Yea the only thing makita has is the number of different 18volt tools they make compared to any of the other mass market 18v powertools. Look at dewalt they really lost a lot of the cordless tool market share compared to when the xrp line was first released. They took way too long to adopt lithium battery tech. Bosch tools don't seem to be popular on this forum, but are well like by a lot of people. You also have the hilti metabo's and festool's also, but they are not really mass market tools at least in the usa.

They did dwindle a bit long. Milwaukee scrapped the V series stuff after a fairly short run and while it pissed a lot of people off at the time, I think it paid off in the long run. It's like the old Ford, Chevy, Dodge, debate. You have people that will keep buying their favorite brand regardless. My father in-law buys Chevrolet cars religiously. Even after he got 3 turds in a row (1 they had to buy back on a lemon law) he'll still get fighting mad about it and swear they're the best cars on the road. It's the same way with power tools and especially true of Dewalt fans. Here's my take on it, Dewalt had such a large presence and market share that they really only stood to go backward to some degree and they always seemed to cater more toward the carpenter and framer anyway. Milwaukee capitalized on the plumbing/HVAC and electrical trades when none of the power tool manufacturers had really catered specifically to them before and it paid off in a big way. Bosch and Metabo are doing their primary business in europe and it shows. Bosch has a significant global presence, but they offer an entirely different "green" line in europe that you can't even find here. They seem to be most popular here with concrete/masonry workers and most of their new releases over the last year or 2 have reflected this. Makita, I don't know what they hell Makita is doing. They're based in Japan and maybe Asia is their target market because they've really fallen behind the ball in The United States. They're name recognition and reputation from a time gone by keeps them going here, but they're losing market share quickly. When is the last time someone had a big Makita release generating a lot of buzz posted on their blog? The released a multi-tool 2 or 3 years after everyone else and the LXPH03 had impressive specs, but after they were announced you never heard anything else about them. For someone getting into a new line right now that didn't have any past experience with any of them, Milwaukee would be the obvious choice as far as I'm concerned. Nobody has came close to Milwaukee over the last 3 years in releasing so many new tools and concepts.  

Well from what I read it the v18 was just bad all around. Milwaukee should have offered a buyout, or extended warranty to users of the v18 series to help with the negative publicity. I love my 12v and 18v milwaukee tools I had the 20v dewalt set and it annoyed me it took over 2 years to release a jobsite radio plus they didn't offer any bare tools for the longest time also , so I sold it and moved over to milwaukee for my 18v tools. The only thing that I wish milwaukee would use an lbox type system and offer a radio as nice as the bosch that jobsite radio is amazing.

That could very well happen they seem to be making every tool you can think of with the m12 line. I wonder what they sell more of the m12 or m18 tools. One think I would have considered is keeping the old m12 drills and impact and maybe selling it with one battery as a budget diy tool prosumer grade tool.

You know, I ended up buying several l-boxx' and with store bought foam they are great for all of my M12 tools. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to buy those l-boxx 1 & 1a storage boxes! It is too bad Milaukee's radio has POOR reception not to mention the inability to charge. I sold mine and bought the power box. But like you guys, I am a Milwaukee man. With the exception of my brushless Hitachi hammer, all of my cordless tools are now Milwaukee (too bad they're made in China but I don't know of ANY American made cordless tools). :(

I know this probably isn't the place to post this, but I was wondering if it would be a good idea to combine most of the sub forums on this forum. If it only had maybe 4-5 categories it would make the forum look more active and create more traffic, and maybe then re add some sub forums if needed.

I think I have the perfect job for this too... I want to frame in my work shop.  Instead of it just being in a dark, dank, post war Cape basement, it will be in a dark, dank post war Cape basement WITH WALLS!!!!!!

Thanks Guys!  Im king of the world!  Actually I am pig bottom but I got a new Impact Driver!!!!!!!  And your darn right Conductor!  I am moving up while still staying at the same elevation but darn it, I am gonna have walls!  (If my Wife let's me)