Using M12 Battery with Dewalt heated jackets/sweaters

Albertd718

So I’ve always been a Dewalt guy and have a pretty extensive 20/60v platform. I’ve recently wanted to get into a 12v platform since I don’t always have a demand for heavy tools. So naturally I went to Milwaukee for that since we all know Dewalt is heavily lacking in that department. 

With that that being said, I purchased some M12 tools and batteries along with a USB charger for the M12 stick packs which also powers their heated jackets/sweaters. I noticed that the output on the USB power source on both the Dewalt adapter and Milwaukee is 12V. So I went ahead and plugged the M12 USB holder with a M12 pack into my heated Dewalt Hoodie and it worked just fine!

I’m wondering if anyone else has done this? I assume no damage can be done since output is both 12v between the 2 brands. Any input from anyone? Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

I don’t use my Dewalt heated jacket ,just too bulky with the battery set, so this sounds promising,,,cool

I know!! I wear my Dewalt Hoodie but almost never use the heat because the battery and USB holder is just so damn bulky! 

With what I just discovered using an M12 stick pack, I will definitely now be using it as it’s much smaller. 

You can interchange them. People use the DeWalt batteries in their Milwaukee jackets all the time. Not sure if DeWalt has an 20v adapter for their jackets but Milwaukee does and you can use either M12 or M18 in the jackets so you don’t have to worry about using the M12 in the DeWalt jacket.

1 hour ago, Albertd718 said:

No. Both Dewalt and Milwaukee have something that slides onto their battery packs which gives you a USB output which can charge your phone and/or your heated jackets/sweaters. 

You can heat a jacket via a USB? 

5 hours ago, Albertd718 said:

So I’ve always been a Dewalt guy and have a pretty extensive 20/60v platform. I’ve recently wanted to get into a 12v platform since I don’t always have a demand for heavy tools. So naturally I went to Milwaukee for that since we all know Dewalt is heavily lacking in that department. 

With that that being said, I purchased some M12 tools and batteries along with a USB charger for the M12 stick packs which also powers their heated jackets/sweaters. I noticed that the output on the USB power source on both the Dewalt adapter and Milwaukee is 12V. So I went ahead and plugged the M12 USB holder with a M12 pack into my heated Dewalt Hoodie and it worked just fine!

I’m wondering if anyone else has done this? I assume no damage can be done since output is both 12v between the 2 brands. Any input from anyone? Thanks. 

I do the same with my one Milwaukee set into my Bosch 12v jacket. Works slick as snot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DR99 said:

The heated jackets all use the same power plug to plug into the battery adapter. 

If I'm not mistaken the Bosch jacket uses a slightly different diameter power connector. I think Milwaukee and Dewalt use same size connector. Not sure about Makita.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

If I'm not mistaken the Bosch jacket uses a slightly different diameter power connector. I think Milwaukee and Dewalt use same size connector. Not sure about Makita.

I think your wrong dude. I own the Bosch jacket and the Milwaukee hoodie. I use the Milwaukee in my Bosch all the time. I used it all last winter atv’ing and plowing. I haven’t tried it the other way but the Milwaukee works just fine.

Could be, I was pretty happy to be able to use the adapter from Milwaukee of course the batteries are different so the adapter sleeves only work on the appropriate sleeve but being able to through the Milwaukee in there is useful. I just had a 12v Bosch battery kibbie out on me so I’ve only got two left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Framer joe said:

@ChrisK you don’t like the bosh 12v for the Bosch jacket.? I don’t many Bosch 12v yet but I saw the 12v adapter with a belt clip and it looks small and I think it’s the only one with a belt clip...don’t know though....I do like m12 though ..

I love my Bosch jacket, I have the lower capacity 12v batteries so my Milwaukee M12 seems to last a bit longer but I always pack a couple of extra batteries whipen I’m on the atv or going for a hike.

• Like 2