Anyone have experience with Surge, Soft Impact and Stealth Force?

aabee

Just wanted to look for opinions from folks who have used the Stealth Force, Makita Soft Impact and Milwaukee Surge. From what I understand, the Stealth Force is the hardest hitting impact, which makes it more ideal as an impact driver replacement but perhaps less useful for precision work. I'm interested in the Makita Soft Impact primarily as there are very few reviews compared to the Surge and Stealth Force. How do the latter two compare?

Actually the Stealth Force is the “softest hitting” of the three. It has 2400 RPM and 1700 IPM, the Makita has 3200 RPM and 2700 IPM, and the Surge has 3000 RPM and 4000 IPM.

I’ve never used the Ridgid or Makita but own the Surge. It has replaced my normal impact for everything.

9 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Are you invested in all three platforms? I wouldn't by any of those as a tool to build my platform around and wouldn't buy any to start a new platform...none seem THAT much better than the others.

I only have M18 and Makita 18v as my 2 platforms. Just curious for opinions on both so I can get a sense of which direction to go in; neither of them are available to purchase aside from online from what I can see. 

52 minutes ago, aabee said:

I only have M18 and Makita 18v as my 2 platforms. Just curious for opinions on both so I can get a sense of which direction to go in; neither of them are available to purchase aside from online from what I can see. 

Most Home Depot’s should have the Surge in stock. I don’t think you’re likely to find the Makita in store though unless you happen to be one of the few lucky people whose Home Depot has a huge Makita section.

Just now, kornomaniac said:

Could you explain to me in what way the Makita is better for you ? :)

It's just better it's smoother faster more ergonomic  more refined  it just feels  so good  in the hand  every  aspect  about is better  don't get me wrong  I love the surge  but makita  is better  and the ridgid  don't  compare to either one it's heavy  it's not smooth  but it is fast 

• Like 1