Hearth Pad Part Deuce

ChrisK

Well most of you guys that have been here for a while know, several years ago I built a hearth pad for our last house’ pellet stove. Just finished grouting hearth pad number two, this will be for the 2200sf pellet stove my brother and I will install in our new home. Two pieces of three by three laminated finished ply (all I had in the shop 🤔.... I need more cabinet grade ply), a three by three of fiber cement and some ceramic tiles. All the trim is custom sized for the existing trim board (albeit two and three quarters tall). Just smoothed out the grout, now I’ll clean the glue lines, fill the nail holes (love my Dewalt 20v finish gun) with putty, rasp the joints on two sides (I am FAR from perfect) and paint the pre primed pine trim.

74C0CBB1-EC77-429C-B3EF-CF8347C1CB6D.jpeg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

And now????? It’s nearly 80 in my living room. I’m going outside to cool off! The pad was laid, the stove installed, the chimney placed, the pellets lit 👍

8A93813E-DD71-4C02-A13F-63C288ABFE6C.jpeg

That looks Jam Up 👍👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DR99 said:

Looks great. I'm spoiled with having natural gas heat though. I know most people have ditched fuel or or propane though as the prices can be volatile when you least expect it.

Perhaps @DR99 & @ChrisK can assist me in explaining what this “heat” thing is ?????🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Top shelf Chris looks great........

as for heat we have a lot of heat here in Canada too, but Mother nature is like a greedy drug dealer, she gives it to us for free for 3 months of the year but for rest you have to cough up big time.....

• Like 1